Need new hazard button

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Apparently complete assembly required but not entirely sure. It is screwing up all of my lights as apparently they all go through this

Need new hazard button urgently. Best source?

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
6 or 8-pin? I imagine. Part number on it also tells what it is.

Screwing up lights? How so?

Usual issue on these is that they don't stay in when pushed (i.e. turned off). Easy fix actually.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
6 or 8-pin? I imagine. Part number on it also tells what it is.

Screwing up lights? How so?

Usual issue on these is that they don't stay in when pushed (i.e. turned off). Easy fix actually.
That is the exact problem we are having. It does not stay in when pushed in. What is the fix? Can I call you?

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I did the fix on mine and it failed again soon thereafter. Old plastic is very hard to repair reliably and this switch is crucial to have working properly because of all the connections that pass through it. The bummer is it can pop out at any time, putting the flashers on and killing your battery. It's bad when a failure mode can cause other things to go off track.
New ones aren't that hard to find but you need to make sure you get the right number of pins.

www.getbmwparts.com shows the 6 pin in stock.

Ebay sellers have both the 6 pin (61311355358) and 8 pin (61311356193) versions.

Search for
New BMW Hazard Flasher Switch 6-prong
or
New BMW Hazard Flasher Switch 8-prong

or some variation on that and you should get plenty of results.

scottevest

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, I did the fix on mine and it failed again soon thereafter. Old plastic is very hard to repair reliably and this switch is crucial to have working properly because of all the connections that pass through it. The bummer is it can pop out at any time, putting the flashers on and killing your battery. It's bad when a failure mode can cause other things to go off track.
New ones aren't that hard to find but you need to make sure you get the right number of pins.

www.getbmwparts.com shows the 6 pin in stock.

Ebay sellers have both the 6 pin (61311355358) and 8 pin (61311356193) versions.

Search for
New BMW Hazard Flasher Switch 6-prong
or
New BMW Hazard Flasher Switch 8-prong

or some variation on that and you should get plenty of results.
all good. Carl Nelson is taking care of me. He rocks.

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Might have one in my pile of extras - I replace my original a long time ago for the same reason. Needed a push pin jammed in to keep the button in

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I almost forgot that a month ago I put a rubber gasket, a block of wood, and a spring clamp on the one on my 2002...dog in garage started barking in the middle of the night, went out to see the light show in progress. Good dog. Fixed and obviously forgot. Guess I'll call Carl.