Mye28 problems?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Does anyone here know what is happening with mye28.com? I get a "certificate" expired message when I try to go there. Details indicate that the "certificate" expired April 5.

Internet search indicates that they were "down for maintenance" a couple of weeks ago, which would seem to coincide with the expiration date on the "certificate."

I see some of the down for maintenance people indicating that they are back up now, but I'm thinking I should not ignore the security messages I am getting in order to go there.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
When I try to go there, my browser flags the site as a security risk and won't let me open the page.
Granted, is is on my work computer where I have all sorts of (non standard) security stuff that - supposedly - keeps me super duper safe.

But - curiously, my computer still lets me get to this site. Go figure.... LOL

5280JB

Reaction score
I also see the "expired certificate" warning page and have for many, many days now. Just checked it again and see the same message.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
So, for the technology challenged folks here, there is nothing we can do but wait and hope they get their act together, correct?

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
You can choose to ignore the security warning your browser gives you and proceed to the site. In Chrome you click 'advanced settings' in tiny type below the warning and tell the browser to continue to the site.

The site's certificate tells your computer that the site you are attempting to load is actually the one it says it is. That isn't a guarantee that it's a safe site, just that it's not a scammer pretending to be your bank, for example. The website for a local sandwich shop had something wrong with it that our anti-virus software didn't like and we chose not to go through to the site to order, instead calling them via phone to order. We explained to them several times their site could be compromised, though we might be getting a false positive from our anti-virus software. We got blank stares and comments like, "We are getting orders through our site, so it's working." They didn't realize that while it taking orders, their customers could be getting malware installed or their personal and financial info could be stolen.

MyE28.com has been around for years, so we know that it's not a scammer site, thus the risk of going there without a good certificate is small. My anti-virus software does occasionally pop up with warnings of sites that are infected, or sometimes just have a link on them to a page that has been listed as dangerous. I don't go to those. I did go to myE28.com tonight with no issues once past the warning about the certificate. Hopefully the owners of myE28.com will get an updated certificate soon. Certificates do, or did, cost money so that may be an issue.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hi Ian - thanks for jumping in.

Sounds like I either need to be patient or get comfortable with the bypass option.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i've bypassed it before with no issues, the site is not very active so undoubtedly they haven't renewed their zertifikat