my new 1971 2800 cs

ENINE

Reaction score
Can't believe it! Wish I could find something like this in Australia.. Good work! Incredible buy..

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
That is amazing. I wish you many miles preserving that original paint time capsule. Hard to believe it could look so good coming from Wisconsin.
As Steve mentioned Waxoil, just wondering if the rust treatments common in Canada are used or available in the US? The big ones up here are Krown brand and Rust Check. Both are an oily mist spray that creeps into pores and crevices. It is applied yearly. I plan on dousing mine once the car is fully cleaned and prepped.

Please post shots of the whole car.

bimbill

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Great story Mario. It looks like a true time capsule car and you seem like an excellent steward for preserving it. Well done.

mario1017

Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336606958.515394.jpgcs registry badge- i found this sitting in the front lower spoiler when i removed my front grille for cleaning. pretty cool. its in perfect shape. where should i mount this?

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Sahara gem

Nicely bought. One of the very nicest Sahara cars that I have seen. We're jealous, but very happy for you. I know that you have some seriously large bugs up there, but try to resist the car wash...as you probably know. I love it.
Dave V. in NC

mario1017

Reaction score
I know I got very lucky, i've been busy detailing the hell out of the car and doing odds and ends. Like every old car, It still needs work.
I do like the way these cars drive also.

Attachments

• IMG_6477.jpg
    IMG_6477.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_6487.jpg
    IMG_6487.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_6467.jpg
    IMG_6467.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG_6471.jpg
    IMG_6471.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 137

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Mario, somehow I missed this thread! Very nice, great to finally see the pictures. I took my coupe out of storage last night; it's like Christmas morning all over again... We should be able to have a coupe get together next Wednesday when Stan visits. Remember it's German night at Brew City cruise night on 5/22.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Lovely time capsule. A bad memory history of the CS Registry/Register - please correct any mistakes.
Early on there was a first run of "ry" badges, perhaps two. Then there was a later run of
"er" badges. About five years ago, after being outbid on ebay for two badges(they went for over $100.) I contacted Art Wegweiser, the Head Curmudgeon of the CS Register.

He had an "er" badge which he lent me to use as a model for the "er" badge I then produced. The woman who runs the Goodie Store for the 356 Registry had imported numerous badges and knew the drill. She did all the work between the manufacturer(in China of course) and here. The total order, 75 I believe, was shipped to me. With the help of a nearby coupe owner we boxed and mailed the badges along with lapel pins.
The manufacturer threw in for small change.

The CS Registry has since been absorbed into e9 along with the Senior Six Group.

Fast forward to the present. I thought there might be demand for another CS badge, even though so many of us found a wonderful home here on e9coupe. Right! I currently have orders for just over 60 badges. This run will return to the days of yesteryear with the badge reading: "CS Registry" like the one Mario just found behind his grille.

I am shrinking the size of the badge this time to about the size of the "ry" window decal I have on my coupe compliments of Art. And I have included a lapel pin built into the price of the badge. I will give more details in the following post - this is going on too long.
Again, please correct any errors in this history. Mr. Memory is at the wheel.

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BADGE Part II.
Mario, could you send me dimensions of your badge? I am basing this run on the dimensions of my "ry" decal and I don't know if they are the same. Could you also send the photo of your badge to me at [email protected]

If you send me your address I will send you a lapel pin that will be a close match to your original badge.

If anyone else wants a badge and pin email me at [email protected] for details. There is still time. to order.

Steve ONeill

SicilianE9

Reaction score
A dream!

You found the perfect car, well cared in the hands of a passionate and careful owner. A shame that not many cars have had such a great live. Cant wait to sse more pics.
Best regards