My latest purchase... at auction!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Look again. ;)

I'm confused. What is the actual mileage? It's a MPH speedo. The seats look like they have 400K on them.

Those look like genuine 20 spoke Alpinas or good reps. You should be able to get that rear passenger wheel repaired.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
cabe5022-60e0-461f-a071-286ce44d7d5e.JPG

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
All said and done the car will cost me $500 delivered and I'll get $200 back as a scrap car. The wheels can be straightened so I figured it was a good buy...

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
Those look like genuine 20 spoke Alpinas or good reps. You should be able to get that rear passenger wheel repaired.

Since they're on a '92 735i and they look like they've been on the car for a while I guessing they're genuine. I'll know next week...

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nothing wrong with buying a parts car for a set of wheels. Send it right to the parts yard and pull the wheels. :)

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm usually buying $10k parts cars so when I bought this car I had to explain it. LOL

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a 735 setting out back, decent car, probably just needs a fuel pump, bought it for the BBS wheels, $300, sounds very familiar LOL

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok, so now that I know who the hoarders are do you guys want to sell some parts? I need the piece that goes right behind and above the driver rear seat, has a light in it and is part of the headliner- sort of. Grey is good :)

Could use a 1-piece black leather rear seat and if there is a suitable 5-speed trans with all the fixins' I could be persuaded....

It does look like over 400K miles and it looks like an unexpected meeting with something stationary caused it to stop forever so I'm pleased with my purchase.

Thanks!

tmason

Reaction score
Good Eye! I do the same thing when I see BMW on blocks when travelling. Most people don't know the value, that's how got a set.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Dan, easy trick for getting the locks off if you don't have the key; I have tried this and it works 100%, ok, so here we go- get whatever 12 point socket that fits over the edges (but not around) the lock stud. Carefully, with one swipe whack the socket on with a hammer, what that does is compress the cone a little and force the socket on at the same time, then just back it out like a regular lug. I was amazed at how easily this works :)