My Inka Orange

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So far I order a big piece of leather on Oxblood to put that on the car to see how it is look like. let me ask you another question, the headliner is very good and solid no crack or ripped but it is very dry and over 30 years of dust that it will not come off, my upholstery guy told me t spray conditioner clean as much as you can then dye the leather with white color, since you can not fined same original pattern, what do you think?
Clean it and shoot SEM Ranger White on the headliner.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
There are more qualified members like @HB Chris to comment on this, I’ve not had any experience in this area and I’m sure they’ll answer.
check this BMW with Oxblood Interior.

not bad, it is nice but how it is look on Inka orangr

Attachments

• For Inka E9.png
    For Inka E9.png
    828.6 KB · Views: 49

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
check this BMW with Oxblood Interior.

not bad, it is nice but how it is look on Inka orangr
If you plan to sell this car you need to stick with the basics. I wouldn’t put oxblood in anything but chamonix, polaris, or schwarz. Only @OCCoupe could pull it off on any other paint color.

Everything else on the car needs to be black or silver. :D

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
If you plan to sell this car you need to stick with the basics. I wouldn’t put oxblood in anything but chamonix, polaris, or schwarz. Only @OCCoupe could pull it off on any other paint color.

Everything else on the car needs to be black or silver. :D

Ahh, I think @vince could pull it off in my fjord coupe. :D

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I know, he is trying to help, as it is Inka Orange on E9 it is not a favorite color and interior anything but the black it is going to cut down the buyer, Inka Orange on 2002 is the best color but not on E9, ...
Inka Orange is a great color for E9!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ahh, I think @vince could pull it off in my fjord coupe. :D

Okay so there are tons of e9 owners on this site with beautiful cars. Then there a subset of owners with a magic touch that spans multiple bmw marks and generations. I would put @vince in that small cohort. So yeah he could probably pull it off. :)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score

tferrer

Site Donor
Reaction score
Ok, since you asked. Do not put oxblood in an orange car unless you want to reduce its resale by a significant amount. Also, do NOT paint the wheels, kidneys or any other area of the car with the motosport colors you have become very fond of. The E9 is a gorgeous car because it's understated and elegant. The adage less is more was never more appropriate than with an e9 (CSL's aside). Instead of spending your money going for changing colors, spend your money on getting quality. A well done black interior is a beautiful thing...

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hues of the same color family are completely different than complimentary colors on the color wheel as that bird example.

So Ox Blood goes with,
Riviera
Nachtblau
Chamonix
Polaris
Schwartz

That’s it nothing else.

cicada

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hues of the same color family are completely different than complimentary colors on the color wheel as that bird example.

So Ox Blood goes with,
Riviera
Nachtblau
Chamonix
Polaris
Schwartz

That’s it nothing else.
Everyone here is too soft for the golf/oxblood combo, I guess. ;)

I'd add anthracite and arktisblau... I think it wouldn't be offensive in a turkis or taiga car, either.

Klassic

Reaction score
If we think of nature guiding us, then the bill of the bird is Inka on the tip and the contrast next to it is either black or darker blue.... just a thought.

Candia4441

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Ok, since you asked. Do not put oxblood in an orange car unless you want to reduce its resale by a significant amount. Also, do NOT paint the wheels, kidneys or any other area of the car with the motosport colors you have become very fond of. The E9 is a gorgeous car because it's understated and elegant. The adage less is more was never more appropriate than with an e9 (CSL's aside). Instead of spending your money going for changing colors, spend your money on getting quality. A well done black interior is a beautiful thing...
Hello, thank you for being honest, as I said I order a big pieces of Oxblood leather, Oxblood by it self it is very nice color but didn't work on Orange it was bad idea, color was loosing its beauty, when I put the black leather color it was great on Orange, but I have to spend 6 or 7K since has to be real leather with vinyl it was look like like something is missing but with real leather was look greater, my upholstery guy told me if I want to save money do the leather only on center of seats and the side vinyl I have not decide yet, the seats that it came with it, color is Beige color and it is so dirty it is look brown, I have to change it that's why I ask opinion of friends in hear.