My 76 2002 Live and in Color on BaT

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Here she is. My first BaT ad, quite a learnig curve and experience.

Any suggestions, comments, additions welcome.

There are two videos BaT did not post. Hopefully soon.

Steve

Eric V

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Steve
Beautiful car Steve, good luck, I’ll be watching and rooting for you!

chart75

Reaction score
That's a beauty. Stay engaged, try and answer all of the questions in a timely manner, especially the last day. For some reason bidders think they can ask a question an hour before the auction closes and get a prompt response. GLWTS

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks for all the support and suggestions guys. I will try and do the one-a-day plan for either a photo or video.

Steve

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score

Steve
Steve - I saw that, didn't realize it was yours. What Macha said is VERY important. Don't release the "walk around" or driving vid's all at the same time. I made a HUGE mistake on an old '75 Ford Highboy and released everything at the beginning and I lost me A$$ on the deal. I was very responsive which is important too but I think I was a little TOO honest about the truck. If that is a thing...but I sleep at night like a baby being that way. Sometimes "less is more" is what I am getting at. Doesn't mean you have to lie about anything, but too much detail sometimes can hurt you. Not sure how else to say it. I'll comment in the next few days... something nice of course.

I love the Euro bumpers!

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks, GolfBavaria. Excellent point about slow release. Timing is everything. I will circle back at times to the salient points and repost the two videos the second to last day or the last day( do you think the last day since the auction ends at 6 PM EST?).

I have a two and half, single-space copy of the 2014 ad. The buyer turned out to be JMinPDX. The ad contains the write up a former BMW/Mercedes/Porsche shop/service manager made. It confirms everything and much more about what I have said. I have never seen anything like it, and the condition of the car confirms his every word.

I will also dole out in my words the ad my daughter who took the photos developed before I went BaT. More to come.

steve

PS: I adored your Bavaria. And the big-bust, diving boards went within a week. BluntTechs. Then I ended up buying BluntTech owner Steve Petersen's mom's Bavaria this spring.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So....911r has a great formula...they will post driving vid, walk around, etc. as the auction goes. Then, add in some show pics and personal trips etc. along the way. As it starts winding down, add the best pics the last day and you will peak interest big time.

Look at some of their previous auctions, pay special attention to the "hot rodded" Porches they offer. Follow the same, "winning" formula. They have BaT down to a "T." Maximum dollars...they sold my Bav and my 1989 Porsche 911 and both auctions I was very pleased how they went. At least you won't have to pay the commision as you are selling yourself but really study what they do. I'm telling you they have a winning formula and your '02 will do just fine, better than you expect I bet.

I really love that car and have been passing the word on it!

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sean, I already have a driving vid up. But not one accellerating through the gears automatically and manually as someone suggested. Seems like that would make a good second to last day video. There is also a brief cold start video. Do you think that would be a good vid to post with the new pedal to the metal video at the end?

Going to look at 911r.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Sean, I already have a driving vid up. But not one accellerating through the gears automatically and manually as someone suggested. Seems like that would make a good second to last day video. There is also a brief cold start video. Do you think that would be a good vid to post with the new pedal to the metal video at the end?

Going to look at 911r.
I think that is a great idea..

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have a long time friend and car nut who has sold several cars through 911r as well. 911r gets a good commission on his sales, but then again- he gets full potential sale $$ (usually) out of the cars he list to more than make up for it (plus he handles all the logistics for the sale and deals with the sometimes cranky BaT comments). My friend sold a VW Transporter through him and the auction went for WAY more than I expected it too.
Good luck with your auction. Looks like a great car.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have a long time friend and car nut who has sold several cars through 911r as well. 911r gets a good commission on his sales, but then again- he gets full potential sale $$ (usually) out of the cars he list to more than make up for it (plus he handles all the logistics for the sale and deals with the sometimes cranky BaT comments). My friend sold a VW Transporter through him and the auction went for WAY more than I expected it too.
Good luck with your auction. Looks like a great car.
Agreed on everything you said. 911r is picky as to what cars they will list for good reason, their reputation is on the line. For whatever reason they don't seem to do very well with coupes, I've mentioned before, the E9's aren't really in their wheelhouse. They know them, but their whole thing is mainly "hot rodded" Porsches and that is their wheelhouse.

I have been impressed with the diversity as of late though in what they are selling, maybe just a changing market, I am not sure. In Steve's case, I think this car is perfect for him to sell on his own like he is doing through BaT...I am very confident he will hit reserve. Steve seems very patient with the commenters, is a good storyteller, has a beautiful car and the community to back him up.

I don't think in this case it would have been wise to go with a consinger. And @lip277, I realize that is not what you are saying, but maybe advice for future members to list their E3's or E9's etc. with them. Agreed the commision will generally pay for itself, plus I really like Josh's photographs. I see they opened a Scottsdale shop so not sure how that is working with a photographer out there or if Josh is still taking all the photographs. Not cheap, but again, I think worth it.

Bottom line, good to follow the formula 911r has established if selling on your own on BaT because they obviously do well (most of the time). As we all know, the car market is ever changing and some do better than others at different times of the year, market conditions can affect timing, whatever. Just be prepared to wait a while during busy season for your car or truck to list.