Murray

pamp

Reaction score
Photos many times before but my best of the machine.....

Attachments

• 100_1669.jpg
    100_1669.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 210

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great shot of Blumax Alan. Murray saved me from buying a not so right E9. His reputation as an arbiter of all things E9 scared off a guy who had agreed to sell me his E9 for a sum above his asking price.
I had the deal all lined up and asked Murray if he would have a look. The guy must have known Murray would find a few things not measuring up and bailed on me. When I finally bought my Polaris 71' Murray called me a few weeks later keen to hear about what I had bought. I went through the whole car over the phone with him and he said in his opinion it was well bought. That meant a lot to me. I have shown the Youtube Video to many of my friends. Some either do not own a car or would not understand how I can get so worked up by mine. All of them understand after seeing that video.

Thanks Chris for keeping us informed and helping Murray and his Family over the last few months. My Condolences to all who knew him.

Last edited:

Bennett

Site Donor
Reaction score
Murray counseled me on my E9 purchase about 7 years ago, eventually getting me connected with Peter at Coupe King for the final puchase. I've been dry washing the car per his instructions and will continue to do so in his honor. RIP.

m5bb

Site Donor $
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this tonight.
I was out most of the day and happened to be driving the coupe. Haven't driven in a few weeks. Beautiful day in Atlanta and had my grandson with me. I see why I wanted to go for a ride so bad.

Being a newbie I really didn't know Murray but did see him and all the people talking to him sitting behind his car at Legends of the Autobahn we attended for the first time last August. When I saw this sign on the window I was sure to point this out to my wife. We both looked at Murray's car more carefully to see how it had survived all these wonderful miles. You would never know it had this mileage without the sign on the windshield.

Murray was a legend himself. God bless him.

Gary & Phyllis Beck

Murry1_zpsd6968b02.jpg

Murry2_zps434e1005.jpg

snj5

Reaction score
Very sad news.
A great man who made a great number of people very happy.
I imagine he's on those great blue roads in the sky.
Rest well.

ohio2800cs

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great Loss to the E9 Community

Sad to hear of Murray's passing, my condolences to the Fowler family.

His story is a truly wonderful read, the Marque should be proud to have had such a passionate caretaker of one of their cars.

Although I didn't have the privilege of meeting Murray, I did buy some parts from him. I feel honored to have one of his books which he was kind enough to sign for me.

Tomorrow will be warm enough for me to fire up the 2800CS and do some work on it. It just seems like the right thing to do to honor Murray. All of us know his spirit will continue on because of all that he has done for both veteran and newbie E9 owners over the years.

Keep On Couping Murray...

pete

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
this was a sad note to read today ... i know we will all keep the memories and advice of the man and Blumax for a long time to come. It was a pleasure to meet him and spend a little time with him.

i'll hoist a glass of something good tonight to remember him. i know we can't all go hop in our coupes to honor him with a drive ... but i will do that in the morning.

best
scott

loloe13

Reaction score
sad news....
R.I.P Murray

like others, I have also acquired some parts from Murray in the past. maybe as suggested by few members before, we should all attend to our cars one way or another this weekend in honour of the great man.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
So sad to hear. He was a great friend and a human being and I will miss him a lot. I am glad that I got to see him one final time this last December and shared my photos and experiences in Iran and as always he was full of enthusiasm and still detail oriented.

My condolences to his family and the coupe community.

SicilianE9

Reaction score
A sad rainy day to highlight my mood today.
He will still be present to me as one of the persons that kept my passion alive, he shares responsability in me buying an E9 and not regretting it.
I will miss him...

Sooner

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Rip

Thank you Chris for being with Murray and all that you did for him and Beatris. I had the pleasure of enjoying visits with Murray on several occasions, and they were always a valuable learning experience! My coupe retains the name Murray gave her, " the Virgin", and it e
Will remain always as a tribute to Murray,

God bless you Murray, RIP.

G

Reaction score
Thats sad news , Murray was the Grand Daddy of this website. Always looked forward to reading Murrays posts.
RIP Murray

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Farewell

It was my pleasure and privilege to have met and visited Murray several times. A man who embodied our passion for the coupe and who was entertaining and gracious.

We will all miss him.

My condolensces.

Stan

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I am sorry to hear that he has passed.

Murray and I traded e-mails many years back when I was just starting my E9 search. I appreciated his insight on these cars.

While I never had a chance to meet him, we more recently did exchange a few phone calls and e-mails in more recent times after I did finally get my car.

:cry:

steve in reno

Reaction score
RIP MURRAY

I never had the opportunity or pleasure to meet Murray.
We met on a Roadfly e9/BMW forum in the late 90's. Mehrdad, Dang, Velocewest, Malc, and others were enticed into leaving the Roadfly forum and starting our own E9 forum. After several tries, with varying degrees of success in our site we have what you all enjoy today.
We traded and sold parts for our E9's and swapped military stories. Murray was also a knowledgable airplane enthusiast.

I still have front grills on my E9 that came from BLUMAX also.
A gentleman and proud owner of history he was always willing to share his knowledge.

I sit at my computer in tears knowing I have lost a friend. Something you can never have too many of, by the way.
My condolences to the family!

Murray you will be missed. Be at peace!

wmnewlife

Reaction score
It is with a heavy heart that I bid adieu to a wonderful man Murray Fowler. I had the privilege of meeting him and was impressed with his spirit and love for his family. My sincere condolences go out to them

runner

Reaction score
Thanks Chris for all that you have done keeping us informed on Murray and especially for Murray himself. I don't have the words, but still feel the need to express my feelings some way. Wish I could be out there one more time for him, but I'll be there in thoughts and memories. Thanks Murray for everything.
John

John H.

Site Donor
Reaction score
R.I.P. Murray

My condolences to his family. It has all been said here very eloquently. Murray will be missed by all he touched. I always looked forward to seeing him at all the BMW events down here in Orange County, but one day as I was trying to find the back entrance to a popular wine shop, I stumbled upon an open garage with a familiar shape peeking out. The Lair of the Blumax! What was supposed to be a 20 minute trip to the store to grab a couple of bottles of wine for the wife turned into a 3 hour jaw fest. Talk of Navy, local coupes and a tour of the garage. That memory and the shared local coupe Octoberfest cruise to Arrowhead where Murray had arranged to drive with a gentleman from Munich who was intimately familiar with our cars will serve to keep my memory fresh of this extraordinary gentleman. Who, years after the event, always asks if I have adjusted my points for altitude driving.

You will be missed, Murray. May your autobahn be rain-free and empty ahead of you!

30csl

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sad to see this day come - Murray was so kind and sent me a handbrake grip for my car when i was looking for one. Couldn't have been more friendly and helpful.

Im glad he got to choose his car's new owner before he left us and it seems like he had a great life.