Monterey or bust

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
Miami to Monterey (via a northern leg to join the group heading west from the northeast)

First stop Orlando to board the Autotrain up to DC.
Mine was the last car unloaded off the train.
Trouble free driving through Pennsylvania and the Allegheny Tunnel.
Ohio was next and somewhere along Interstate 70 one of my exhaust system hangers broke.
The tool kit was going to be for show but the 13mm wrenches came in handy for a quick temporary fix. IMG_1568.JPG IMG_1571.JPG IMG_1572.JPG IMG_1573.JPG IMG_1574.JPG IMG_1581.JPG IMG_1583.JPG

I am meeting up with the northeast group today.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
As I was reading this, my son was loading up his car for the trip out from Connecticut. Long story short: I doubt your paths will cross until Legends but he will have a proper one with him and a phone if you still need one. Good luck on the rest of your trip!

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
May the Car Gods grant you safe passage.

And by all means, look us up when you get there.

Peter Coomaraswamy

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
You travelers are the REAL car guys! Some of us with our fancy cars and spic an span garages are cool to be sure, but you voyagers are WAY cooler than I, my hat is off to you all, and once again I am humbled! Thanks for being so adventurous and for thinking of us on your voyage. May your trip(s) be safe and may your gauges always stay where they should be. (also, may the food be safe) :)

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Safe travels Wayfarers!
[Middle English weifarere : wei, way; see way + faren, to go on a journey (from Old English faran; see per- in Indo-European roots).]
wayfarers.jpg

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Athena is loaded down and doing well. We left Monday the 8th from Brunswick, ME drove to Glenville NY. Today, the 9th we drove from Glenville to Youngstown OH. Met DWMBMW and had dinner with the rest of the caravan members. Having a great time so far, though my wife wished we had AC.

IMG_2111.jpg
IMG_4194.jpg

Bwana

Reaction score
Is this the crew with BMW V&CCCA going to Boulder? We're leaving tomorrow early AM for Santa Fe, NM, then on to Boulder on Saturday to meet up Saturday afternoon/evening with the rest of the group.

Dang Andrew, no A/C???? That' going to be tough going thru Wendover and there-abouts. Looking forward to meeting you guys! Look for us!

Jeff and Jackie

P5170228_zps27af3bbf.jpg

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score
We just arrived in Terre Haute, IN. after a day filled with rain. Below is a pic crossing into Indiana with Athena in the foreground. It is also the last pic of my drivers side wiper arm which flew off in a driving rainstorm. I had already lost the passengers side earlier in the day. Andrew called Mario at VSR and he is shipping 2 new ones to our hotel in Kansas tomorrow. This is an amazing BMW community!
IMG_1627.JPG