Minichamps models on EBay

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Need a Christmas present request?
Here are the models on EBay in different colors from the same seller in Washington state, and another seller in Arizona

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I bought the one and only Turkis model I have ever seen on EBay a few years ago.

Attachments

• IMG_4039.jpg
    IMG_4039.jpg
    249.4 KB · Views: 58

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I bought the one and only Turkis model I have ever seen on EBay a few years ago.
Right - Sometimes you have to get them right when you see them.

And - in my case - I bought an E9 model many years ago. It is Fjord. Bought the model before I got my car even.
Looks nice next to my 2002 model (in Fjord also).
As my 02 was Fjord - that is what I was angling towards till I saw the Baikal one that Tony had....
Here is a pic of the Coupe (pre-restoration), 2002 and Mustang.
I miss that 02....

Attachments

• DSC00311.JPG
    DSC00311.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 45

otter74

Reaction score
I forgot how nice MInichamps models are. This reminded me that, somewhere, I have a roundie 2002 by Paul’s Model Art that I got in the ‘90s that is of similar quality.

Christoph

Reaction score
Minichamps models are really nice, like them a lot. As far as I know, for some time they were called "Minichamps by Paul's Model Art", so @otter74 is right drawing a parallel. Very old Minichamps 1:43 come not in black, but silver boxes with a blue "Paul's Model Art" on them.
I only have one Minichamps E9, the Calder, and one E3, the New Horizon, so far.

otter74

Reaction score
@Christoph Indeed, after writing my earlier post an old friend who knows these things confirmed that Paul's Model Art became Minichamps a long time ago. Where can one get an E3 model? I was browsing online yesterday and only saw E9s. Or is this an out-of-production model that one has to find on the likes of ebay?

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
I display my Turkis model on the rear shelf at important car shows like the Motorcar Cavalcade event on Sunday. Here's a pic of the model on the trunk.

Attachments

• IMG_6682.jpg
    IMG_6682.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 31

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nice job on the lights. Reminds me of the Schuco 356 280 model of the 1974 3.0CSL that had working lights, wipers and turn signals and hazards.
How about adding some rust to make it uberrealistic? You can watch how fast it advances, you can layer bondo for a while, you can make it go over salt at the dinner table and see the effect.

I once wrote a letter to BMW to complain about rust on my 1977 Euro E24. They told me I should buy the new ones with confidence as they have solved that problem. Just like Microsoft support, accurate but useless...

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
How about adding some rust to make it uberrealistic? You can watch how fast it advances, you can layer bondo for a while, you can make it go over salt at the dinner table and see the effect.

I think even CSL model is not as stiff as any of these models.

I'm a little disappointed to see that none of these is having headlight washing system. They are too nice not to have it installed. ;-)

Subjectively, looking on the few pictures above, Otto-made looks to be the best one if asking about details, scale... including German registration plates. Nicely done!

enoz05

Site Donor
Reaction score
@Christoph Indeed, after writing my earlier post an old friend who knows these things confirmed that Paul's Model Art became Minichamps a long time ago. Where can one get an E3 model? I was browsing online yesterday and only saw E9s. Or is this an out-of-production model that one has to find on the likes of ebay?