Malaga Coupe

NFK

Site Donor
Reaction score
sorry, wanted to reply to your Bat negotiating. It was the same with my 220SE, I wanted 140, they countered with 110. We agreed at 115.
Wouldn’t it be time now to change your avatar picture?

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Chris, Congrats on the sale of your Coupe at a price with which you're comfortable. I hope your Chamonix project gives you a car that meets your high standards.
There have been quite a few comments about the color and photography on the BaT auction. My 1972 2002 is Malaga/tan that I have owned since new. In 1979, I had it painted solid base color with a clear coat. All of the interior paint ( door jambs, hood, trunk, etc.) is still original. Your car also is a solid base color with a clear coat if I recall. The photos of your car on the auction site are a true rendition of the color compared to my Malaga 2002 that I have looked at for the past 50 years.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sorry, wanted to reply to your Bat negotiating. It was the same with my 220SE, I wanted 140, they countered with 110. We agreed at 115.
Wouldn’t it be time now to change your avatar picture?
Except I don’t have any beauty photos of the Chamonix, it is a work in process!

m73

Reaction score
Just noticed your driving video.... enjoyed it.

Perhaps time for one more sentimental drive or not allowed per rules.....(I do not know what the rules are related to adding mileage after selling a car)

The new owner is very lucky IMHO.

OCCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score

Perhaps time for one more sentimental drive or not allowed per rules.....(I do not know what the rules are related to adding mileage after selling a car)

Nothing good can happen if you drive the car after the sale. All you need is for someone to make an illegal left in front of you or treat end you and that’s it.

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score

Chris has received full payment, he's signed the title over to the buyer, he no longer owns the car. His insurance will not cover a car he doesn't own. I wouldn't even think about driving it.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the last 'sentimental' drive is the one you take before the car sells. i took my e30 m3 out for a drive before somebody came to look at it ... he saw me turn down a fun road (while on his way to my house) ... followed me down the road. then went for a drive and bought the car. the idea is correct, you have to say good bye ... you just have to do it at the right time.

m73

Reaction score
Maybe a ride with the new owner then.....I did not read the entire thread but sounds like it will be loaded up for transport instead.

Interesting holding on to a car after the sale, surely the new owner's insurance must cover any damages even it it was hit as a parked car -- but I am far from an expert on that field.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Selling my 1933 Packard Twelve Convertible Coupe Roadster was easy. Loading it & really saying goodbye was much more difficult. It was the right thing to do at the time & it went to a wonderful family who is taking it to a level I never would have. Now it's Black/Red with a Natural Top & I am able to visit the car any time I want. At times I really miss driving it.

While I loved owning this & still shop for Packard Twelves, the reality is, I most likely won't buy another one.

Okie 3:4 Front.jpg
Okie 3:4 Left Rear.jpg
Okie June 12th 2022.jpeg

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
It will leave my garage when it is loaded on the transporter and not before. I have already said my goodbye.
Something Amy and I like to do is "play car". This is where you get to go out to the garage, sit in a car, but don't actually drive it. We also used to "play boat" back when we had one. This was a fun winter activity when the boat wasn't in water. It still served as a space to hang out and have some "boat drinks". ;)

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I don’t know why but that just sounded so sad in my head, but not sad enough to give it the frown.
Maybe just a little bit of melancholy from me. I will miss it after 18 years of great adventures and also many scraped hands and arms as well. I am now prepping my 79 e12 for it to have a new owner so I can get back to having only three vintage BMWs.

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Selling my 1933 Packard Twelve Convertible Coupe Roadster was easy. Loading it & really saying goodbye was much more difficult. It was the right thing to do at the time & it went to a wonderful family who is taking it to a level I never would have. Now it's Black/Red with a Natural Top & I am able to visit the car any time I want. At times I really miss driving it.

While I loved owning this & still shop for Packard Twelves, the reality is, I most likely won't buy another one.

View attachment 150783View attachment 150784View attachment 150785
They just don't make cars anymore like they did in the 30's. The craftsmanship, styling etc. is by far my favorite decade of cars/trucks that were built. Always on the lookout for a really cool '35 or '36 mildly customized Ford truck. I saw the perfect one a while back, I walked into the bar where it was parked to write a note on a cocktail napkin to call if they ever sold it, came out, and it was gone. British racing green with these cool cream scallops on the hood. A Packard of course is on a whole other level...one of my favorite aspects of the 30's cars/trucks are the large headlamps. Screams 30's!