Luigi Arrives in Seattle

Niall1

Reaction score
Fantastic adventure! congratulations on the acquisition and best of luck with it's restoration and re-commissioning.
Regards
Niall

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
way cool ... congrats !!! we look forward to seeing the development of this meaningful race car

Ed G

Site Donor
Reaction score
Video alone will be worth an extra $2K to the next caretaker. Wow! Congratulations. Hope you have it a long time and create many special memories. I, for one will be watching.

Hopefully you'll throw out some more bones. Thanks!

Stefan

Reaction score
Wow!

Great purchase!

Reminds me that I'm spending less time with the already finished queen in my garage :-(

Keep us posted about your near coming future "Lanfgrvy"

shanon

Reaction score
Nice!

Look forward to seeing a real UFO flying around the West!

;-)

lafngrvy

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Re-edit

I re-edited the video. the new one can be found at:

http://youtu.be/IpbzBl3Lrq4

Please leave a comment about which livery- Castrol or UFO Jeans- you'd like to see the car restored to.

Thnx.

dasRing_1976.jpg

Vallelunga_77_1.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
For me it has to be the Castrol livery, Castrol provided an additional warranty on the motor when I bought my new 2002 in 1974 and I've used it ever since. That and the fact that UFO jeans were unheard of here plus it just looks a little weird. A tough decision.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
i agree about the UFO comment Chris made, but i like the look of the car more than the castrol.

bdigel

Reaction score
I would go with the UFO
both are nice but if you want the car to get noticed the UFO is the way to go

all the CSL's being run in the states ( with the exception of your "jagger car ") are Black or white with the tri colors , It would be nice to see some of the different schemes running around .

shanon

Reaction score
A tough call.

The Castrol is neat/cool, but it would be very close to the black, former Rogue/Cuffy Crabb, now Adam Corolla Grp2 racer that you might encounter on the grid in the future. Black and or Wht E9 racers are prevalent and the grid gets a little boring when everyone shows up with the same paint/livery, IMHO. I am sure event organizers like a little variety when it comes to curating a big 'show'.

Haven't seen a UFO tribute on the West coast, maybe elsewhere but what do I know. The E9 racers out there currently are wht or blk that I've seen (except for my brother's old Schnitnzer silver/red schemed racer) The UFO scheme sure does Pop on the track, hence the design I'm sure. Since your car is the 'real' UFO, it will trump any tribute when encountered.

Once upon a time way out West, the IMSA 'TBL' (wht), Mr. Crabb and his Grp2 (Blk) and my bro's Schnitzer (Silver/red) tribute all met at Buttonwillow at 'high noon'......t'was a fun weekend ;-)

http://e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3231

Is your car the same Luigi that was at ZAP in England is it? I always liked Luigi yellow livery too.

Take your time (if you have it) and have fun with it, variety is the spice of life.

Last edited: