Legends

shanon

Reaction score
The NK took 2nd in Vintage class, first a stunning freshly restored Isetta
Conrgats all.

NK looked good as we waved to each other going thru Asilomar Beach Friday afternoon. I was in the Bav with the roof rack. My cpe's alternator went out on Wednesday so implemented Plan B for the weekend.

Attachments

• 20230818_161201.jpg
    20230818_161201.jpg
    428.2 KB · Views: 87

Erik

Site Donor
Reaction score
Rolled through the show pretty quickly with a friend and the first car that she noted as a favorite, without really knowing neue klasse etc., was Norm!'s car. Mike's car looked super-clean and that Granatrot coupe with the velour interior was not something you see every day. All 3 deserving winners and the rest of the show had some really cool stuff. The coach-built 1940 Mercedes cabrio was the standout though and no surprise that it was the People's Choice.

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Rolled through the show pretty quickly with a friend and the first car that she noted as a favorite, without really knowing neue klasse etc., was Norm!'s car. Mike's car looked super-clean and that Granatrot coupe with the velour interior was not something you see every day. All 3 deserving winners and the rest of the show had some really cool stuff. The coach-built 1940 Mercedes cabrio was the standout though and no surprise that it was the People's Choice.
Sorry I missed you Eric. Yes, I find a good percentage of people drool over the Chamonix with red original leather color combo. I of course agree and love it. I spent most of my time looking at other cars and talking to people about mine, so I missed connecting with some E9rs.
Here’s a shot of most of the display row of E9s and E3s. Several E9s were separate in the Tuner and Alpina groups.
IMG_4776.jpeg

I also attended the Pacific Grove Rotary Concours and drive to Pebble and back. There’s always a great variety of cars and hundreds of people to visit with. OCCoupe also showed his E9 and drove on the tour. I got a prime spot at the turnaround between the two sides of the median divided Lighthouse Ave.
IMG_5724.jpeg
IMG_5719.jpeg

Norm!

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Got me cleaning!
You certainly deserved the second place clean award. I think you’ve spent more time cleaning for the last two Legends than I have total in the last 3 -1/2 years of ownership. :) Also thanks for the authentic German beers!

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Conrgats all.

NK looked good as we waved to each other going thru Asilomar Beach Friday afternoon. I was in the Bav with the roof rack. My cpe's alternator went out on Wednesday so implemented Plan B for the weekend.
Great seeing the Bav shannon, sounds like you had a great time. I don't think I have seen that in person...or even a pic until now. If I did, it's been a while. You don't see too many of them in that color, looks great. At first glance out of corner of my eye with the little pic I thought it was an E12 with that color.