Lateral of central console for AC version renew process

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
I had these side parts recovered so I also had to reinstall the aluminum trim part
I found it rather difficult, you want to get the trim close to the raised part so it looks even, but too close and it won't sit down properly
Here is what I did to get the nails in:
You need to press very evenly or the trim will bend and if it kinks you might not be able to fix it
I marked on the trim with tape so I would know where the nails where, and the part next to the nails
Cover the trim with a thin cloth so it won't scratch
Put a smooth board over the trim, about the size of the trim
Then you can tap on the board to drive the nails in and have even pressure along the trim
Make sure all the nails are straight
But not easy, I spent several hours doing this

it sounds like a nice procedure, but i found that to me the only way was pressing with my thumbs, that was the way to keep the control over the nails, as you mentioned if you bend them they will not recover

disclosure, i have very strong thumbs

note, in these cases i love to use a vice, the advance control with the vice is absolute, but unfortunately the nails are extremely delicate

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
dq photobucket pics are not readable here
mentioned before
thay area all burry wastye of time
If you use Chrome, or Brave browsers, you can load an extension that will fix the Photobucket link issue. I actually installed two, I'm not sure which one does the trick, but they don't seem to fight, so I leave them both turned on. They are Photobucket Hotlink Fix and photobucket embed fix.
Open preferences, search for those names and install them, restart the browser and the photos will work again.

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
If you use Chrome, or Brave browsers, you can load an extension that will fix the Photobucket link issue. I actually installed two, I'm not sure which one does the trick, but they don't seem to fight, so I leave them both turned on. They are Photobucket Hotlink Fix and photobucket embed fix.
Open preferences, search for those names and install them, restart the browser and the photos will work again.

not anymore unfortunately
i used those two a while ago and they worked well, but now they dont work for me

mulberryworks

Mr. Fixity
Site Donor
Reaction score
That's odd because I just loaded them into the Brave browser (built on Chrome but blocks ads and trackers) last night and it works for me. Hmm. Maybe clear your caches?