ISO/WTB E9 Radio Center Console Trim

dimitryali

Reaction score
Hey All, I am looking for an original radio cover trim for an E9 I am working with. Hopeful that someone out there has one, if so it would have to be completely original with no large cutout for aftermarket decks.

2F8A676C-0A39-4350-871E-5E49B51F3F87.jpeg

Thank you!

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have one that has an opening of 107mm x 43.2mm, the height might have been enlarged a tiny bit but I am not sure so check measurements.

IMG_1327.jpeg

dimitryali

Reaction score
Thank you, I will get back to you with my measurements tomorrow!
I have one that has an opening of 107mm x 43.2mm, the height might have been enlarged a tiny bit but I am not sure so check measurements.

View attachment 168659
My measurements came out to 95.2mm x 41.2mm. Our guy wants its flush as possible since he’s keeping the original deck. Thank you for the response though!

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Another example of a nice face plate that @enoz05 probably has that can sell to you.

Attachments

• 1EDF2CC0-C88B-4D8E-8CC9-5EFA97F3100F-1238-000002A680E50A12_zps655007f4.jpg
    1EDF2CC0-C88B-4D8E-8CC9-5EFA97F3100F-1238-000002A680E50A12_zps655007f4.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 48

dimitryali

Reaction score
The 3D printed face that @sfdon uses fits a period blaupunkt face like a glove. This photo of the same unit is a little dark but you get the idea.

View attachment 168705
Hey Markos, is this your photo of your own faceplate? Reason why I am asking is because I had found someone on Facebook who claimed to have an original non 3D printed faceplate and he used this exact same photo

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hey Markos, is this your photo of your own faceplate? Reason why I am asking is because I had found someone on Facebook who claimed to have an original non 3D printed faceplate and he used this exact same photo

Hi @dimitryali,

I own the model but no longer print these or sell. This part was not scanned, it was modeled manually over multiple iterations. An early iteration was stolen from me but fitment is quite off. Even the V2 version didn’t fit well. I’m not sure who reached out to you, but the pic of the white face plate is from Don’s shop. The pic of the black printed face show above id mine, snapped in my basement. Anyone with access to a 3D scanner could make their own from an original, so it is certainly reasonable to believe that others are out there. My model isn’t an exact match to the original since it needs to be printed in plastic. Therefore I can look at it and quickly tell if it is my mode or someone else’s.

At this point @sfdon has exclusivel use of the model. There is plenty of stuff that I have released for free (such as the side grills - which Don also prints). The face model isn’t public however.

Here is the thread on it’s inception:

If someone on facebook says they have something you need. Ask them to snap a second picture with a slice of bread or glass of water in the picture. Facebook is LOADED with scams. If you are part of a local community group expect many “mobile detailers” and “duct cleaning” services.

If you see parts for sale, look at their other parts for sale. Most people snap photos of their parts in the same location. If every part is on a different wood floor or kitchen table it is highly likely it is a scam.