Interesting website

feri

Reaction score
There are some interesting BMW fotos and videos here'
http://www.alpinabmw2002.com/search/label/ALPINA 3.0 CSL - Race

Ernest

... and it is a well known website which shows lots of stolen photos without giving gredits to original photographer, some stuff posted here at this forum, well known videos (lots of e9 owners already seen them), nothing new, etc.

Just another "recycle anything can be found on the internet" website.

Wake me up when any new historic e9 stuff goes online ... until that I am going to sleep (Zzzzzz....)

Cabrio330

Reaction score
Ah, Feri strikes again... how boring and predictable.

To the OP, this is a new site to me so I will definitely check it out. Not sure about "stolen" photos, etc. - that would be unfortunate. But please remember the newest posting rule - check with Feri first to be sure he hasn't seen it. If he has, well then, don't post it no matter how it might benefit EEBF (Everyone Else But Feri).

P

poadb

... and it is a well known website which shows lots of stolen photos without giving gredits to original photographer, some stuff posted here at this forum, well known videos (lots of e9 owners already seen them), nothing new, etc.

Wake me up when any new historic e9 stuff goes online ... until that I am going to sleep (Zzzzzz....)

Well, for me as a somewhat new member, the site was new (thanks for the tip). I find Feris reply as rather dull (and a paradox - "new historic e9 stuff goes online". I believe that it is either new or historic./ Per

dp

Site Donor
Reaction score

Jé, vajon hogyan mondja: "kubi" a magyar nyelv??

What I like is that after Mark has taken the time to research lots and lots of stuff for his particular race car restoration, he then takes the time to format and post lots of other stuff that he came across while looking. Feri ... at least HE shares! What a concept.

Last edited:

feri

Reaction score
Jé, vajon hogyan mondja: "kubi" a magyar nyelv??

What I like is that after Mark has taken the time to research lots and lots of stuff for his particular race car restoration, he then takes the time to format and post lots of other stuff that he came across while looking. Feri ... at least HE shares! What a concept.

I know about his 1974 alpina race car project, and he want to do it good.

But we are talking about three other things:

1. How usefull to recycle (ahem... steal) stuff already shared on the internet ? You know this is not different that what I had seen at the first bmw pages around 1995: as no original stuff were on the net about the bmws, most early website makers bmw owners (think about free hosting sites like geocities) stole photos from other websites.

Was it usefull ? Did we got any new info about the bmw hobby ? Not really.

I think we need proper websites with original material still NOT posted on the net. There are couple of great examples, like e12.de or www.bmwe21fansclub.it, but this is nothing. Anyone can show me an e12.de quality website (not forum!) about e9 or e3 ?

If there are people who can share the result of their research, collection, why do we need to celebrate those people who only can download stuff from other sites, and post it on different website / blog / whatever (= recycling) ?

2. As the number of more or less usefull hobby bmw websites something under 50 or so, and these websites are very-very-very well known, and except 2-3 websites there were no real big updates since about 3-5 years on those sites, why, oh why is it necessary to repost their webaddress every bmw hobby website forum, every year ?

3. As most people have HIGH expections about a doctor who will operate any member of his family, or about a financial consultant to get the best way to invest money, or about the teachers of the school where his/her child studing, etc etc etc, I am very dissapointed to see that most people who has any kind of bmw related hobby have incredible LOW expectations about a bmw related hobby website / blog / forum / whatever.

And this is the main reason of most bmw hobby websites sucks, 90-100% of their content is stolen from other websites, not updated since 5-10-15 years. If more people would concentrate about the quality stuff, more people would boycott the low quality hobby bmw websites on the web, then IMHO it would push the website makers to stop this low quality stuff, and share lots of previously unpublished material, and make their real research about his favourite bmw type, then it would create finally good website.

But what can we expect if very well know website with 95-100% stolen, recycled stuff presented as 'interesting website' like the ultimate source of bmw stuff ?

Like I said, i want to see couple of proper websites in the future, like 2-3 every year.

I want to see some is new materials posted on the net, like historic reseach about the bmw e3 serie is japan, or a homemade website about all the problems can be fixed on bmw 1600 gt car (not just 10-20 problems, like how to fix the car, with low quality photos taken with antediluvian camera). Original stuff, new website. Show me 2-3 of these new sites every year, then I will be happy. Until that I will go to sleep.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If you have the desire, time and money why not do it youself? You are the expert after all, then you can only disappoint yourself.

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The site was new to me. I will probably never even ride in a CSL/Race Car. I did enjoy the photos and text even if some of it was lifted(euphemism for stollen) from other sources.

It would take an experienced copyright lawyer and forensic expert to figure out what is legal and what is not.

Feri, try not to snore too loudly.

Steve

61porsche

Reaction score
Posting

My vote- Bring it on! Post till you drop. Share the love, experience, and positive contribution for all. This is the place.

If I've seen it before, maybe someone else hasn't. Good!

These guys and cars back when were absolute hell raisers! Fast cars, women, long hair...... My recollection after seeing the Aplina team on the bleachers was about my own escapades travelling around in a Winnebago doing things I probably wouldn't if I thought about it....brought back many fond memories...comparable today only to a personal yacht or Learjet.

The site mentioned gave credit to none other than....... FERI. My thanks go out to both of them for sharing.. more please.

Buffarea

Reaction score
I have done a reasonable amount of searching and this is the first time I have seen this so to me it is fresh.
I have a very hard time appreciating the perspective of only "show me something I have not seen before". How would anyone else know what someone else has seen, and in this case why would one care?
I say thank you to the OP and don't slow down for the bump in the road.

Last edited: