Interesting seller's response on BAT

coupedegrace

Site Donor
Reaction score

This Euro e36 wagon is currently for sale on BAT. It has an S52 motor and 6 speed manual. Pretty much my Platonic idea of the perfect car if done well. The really interesting thing about the auction though is this sellers comment:

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 10.55.50 AM.png

Kudos to the seller! Not kudos to all the people who completely ignored the HUGE comment and continued to ask questions and bids. BAT finally put a stop to it as I was writing this post.

Screen Shot 2024-04-19 at 10.58.36 AM.png

They offered a bit longer explanation a few minutes later.

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Hey Dan - How about a Euro e36 wagon with the M sport package, already imported into the US:

Car Cave is just a few miles from here. Let me know if you want more info - I like dropping in there from time to time. Last year he had three e34 M5 Wagons.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
I thought long and hard about importing an E36 Wagon that had the Euro M3 conversion. I remember it being in Netherlands and very expensive. That would be a blast. Also researched turning my E46 wagon into an M3, but it seemed way beyond my abilities. to connect it all up.

Last edited:

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This car is a 328i with the M sport package, so it has the stock 328i engine. Of course, the European 328i put out more horsepower than its US counterpart.

As to the e46 wagon and the comparison to the M3, I went through a similar thought process with my e39 540 6 speed and comparing it to the M5. I upgraded the brakes, suspension and differential. Under 4500 rpm, its as fast and handles better than an M5. On a big track with long straights, like VIR for example, an M5 is much faster. But if you think about it, you don't often you drive above 4500 rpm on the streets and I've only had my car on VIR a couple of times.