Interesting classification of modern car brands from Consumer Reports magazine. BMW at the top???

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
They used to always rank BMW pretty low because of their lack of reliability. And Toyota was always near the top. But times sure seem to have changed. Obviously, design qualities are not considered in their rankings.

”Of the 34 brands CR ranked this year, we’re recommending every model tested from seven: BMW, Porsche, Honda, Mini, Kia, Mazda, and Acura. Simply put: You can buy any tested model from those companies with confidence. (There are nine brands that don’t have a single model recommended by CR, including Dodge, Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Mercedes-Benz, Rivian, GMC, Jaguar, Land Rover, and Jeep. Consider carefully when buying one of those.)”

For those outside the US, Consumer Reports magazine is the leading independent consumer products testing organization over here. Their conclusions are sometimes a little head scratching but, in general, their testing is fairly thorough and independent and they are a good source of information when you’re buying products that you need but you’re not familiar with or interested in researching too hard

IMG_0596.png

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Quite surprised BMW and Mini are so highly rated. For the first time in quite a while, I didn't bother with the Toronto car show. Does that mean a new 7 series doesn't depreciate fast?

day66

Reaction score
"Predicted Reliability" is wonderfully vague!

All i can say is my second hand Jaguar has been fine for the 18 months I've had it, our new Kia has had an intermittent screen fault from new and goes in next month for a transmission and/or motor replacement under warranty ......