Hi from France

Marc2800CS

Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm Marc, 42, from France (near Paris), lucky owner of a 69 2800CS since less than a year.
My love for old machines began with 70s Honda CB motorcycles, and naturally this passion for 70's aesthetics expanded to cars.
BMW e9 was on my top car list, and when I was able to buy one and found a good auction I didn't hesitate. Here she is :
QVT8ShZ.png

During the last 5 years I learned to do everything by myself on my bikes, I'm not there yet, and it'll be a looong way, but I hope to be able to do the same with my e9 :)
My "unnamed" e9 isn't perfect and I have a couple of work to do, so I may ask for help from time to time (after digging the forum of course).

Looking forward to learn more about this amazing car and be part of this community.

Marc

Last edited:

Marc2800CS

Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have the history of the car :(
It seems to have been well maintained over the years, and doesn't have a lot of rust.
Engine needs tuning ! (carburetors, ignition timing, valves clearance, etc.)
Interior is good but not amazing (dash and middle part specially) :
TLQjP3p.png

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Glad to have you here; there are many people with lots of expertise in the various aspects of our beloved coupes. Your car looks good so far, and agree with Erik, great color combo.

Marc2800CS

Reaction score
Welcome, looks like Tundra? The first 2800CS were produced in Dec 1968 so yours is most likely a 69. What are the last four digits of your VIN?
my bad, in checked again and indeed first circulation is 69. Its VIN number is 2201763 :)

Stan

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The one in the green box is a rear fog...you appear to have one amber and one clear back-up lenses. I think that's what Stan referenced?
Yes, that is what I mean.
I am not sure if the right lens was replaced with a non-French set at one point in the car's life or that France required only the left side have an amber turn indicator. In any case, I do have the amber lens should you need it.

Rouge

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to this forum which has a lot of experts and enthusiasts of E9.
We have'nt equivalent in Europe to my knowledge.
I am French and have 3.0 CS coupe for a few years.
I would be happy to discuss and exchange our knowledge on this model (en français)

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unfortunately I don't have the history of the car :(
It seems to have been well maintained over the years, and doesn't have a lot of rust.
Engine needs tuning ! (carburetors, ignition timing, valves clearance, etc.)
Interior is good but not amazing (dash and middle part specially) :

Welcome. Nice and rare color! Congratulations!

You can start with BMW Classic to learn about the date of production and where it has been sold (dealer name). In my case the dealer in Germany was not open to share any details about car's configuration. Unfortunately BMW Archive does not has such information to provide.

Christoph

Reaction score
Now this is one pretty car. What a beautiful combination of colours. Congratulations. The beige cloth interior looks fantastic. Is it still the original upholstery?
I am not sure if the right lens was replaced with a non-French set at one point in the car's life or that France required only the left side have an amber turn indicator.
To my knowledge, at the time in France every light that could be regarded as headlight, i.e. shone in the direction of driving, had to be yellow. That included the reversing lights. One white and one yellow would have been nonsense, if I may say so. Today it doesn't matter anymore. Funny however, an E3 Club friend has a 2800 that ran in the Ile-de-France with the same arrangement: French left screen, standard right screen. The French right one was cracked, and nobody had one at hand, simple as that.

Christoph

Reaction score
Hello and welcome to this forum which has a lot of experts and enthusiasts of E9.
We have'nt equivalent in Europe to my knowledge.
I am French and have 3.0 CS coupe for a few years.
I would be happy to discuss and exchange our knowledge on this model (en français)
First, I envy you for owning an early Alfetta Berlina. Then, the German-based BMW Coupé Club runs a forum, not nearly as large as this. It is in German, not sure if it is helpful for you. Ecrire en autres langues, c'est dûr. Avez-vous essayé l'interprête <deepl.com>? Four years ago, I went through le Jura on a journey from Belfort to Genève and back. The N5 was closed for repair. I will always remember your incredible minor roads, and the E3 loved them, too.

Marc2800CS

Reaction score
@Rouge thanks for your reply, I may have a question for you in PM.
@Krzysztof is there a specific URL to learn more about my car particularly ? I tried to search on the bmw classic & archives websites but there are too much links and information.
@Christoph thanks, I can't say if it's still the original upholstery, but I think so because the foam isn't great and I suppose they would have put a new foam with a new upholstery.

Rouge

Reaction score
First, I envy you for owning an early Alfetta Berlina. Then, the German-based BMW Coupé Club runs a forum, not nearly as large as this. It is in German, not sure if it is helpful for you. Ecrire en autres langues, c'est dûr. Avez-vous essayé l'interprête <deepl.com>? Four years ago, I went through le Jura on a journey from Belfort to Genève and back. The N5 was closed for repair. I will always remember your incredible minor roads, and the E3 loved them, too.
great! I'm going to learn German.
the next time you cross the Jura, you can warn and make a stage near St Claude.
I see that you are very active on your forum.
Many thanks.
See you soon

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
@Rouge thanks for your reply, I may have a question for you in PM.
@Krzysztof is there a specific URL to learn more about my car particularly ? I tried to search on the bmw classic & archives websites but there are too much links and information.
@Christoph thanks, I can't say if it's still the original upholstery, but I think so because the foam isn't great and I suppose they would have put a new foam with a new upholstery.
You can e-mail the BMW Archive at: [email protected] and request color and build date and for euro coupes the original dealer