Help !! Anybody got 2 16" Alpinas ? parts to trade or $$$

bossrobot

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just bought a 1973 and someone made off with two of the Apina wheels years ago. I am hoping (dreaming maybe) that someone has 2 wheels to help me complete my set.
Or I guess we could thumb wrestle for who gets to have all 4 wheels :rolleyes:
I also have parts to trade or $$
Johnny
510 708-9348

Attachments

• alpina - 1 (1).jpg
    alpina - 1 (1).jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 199
  • alpina - 1.jpg
    alpina - 1.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 210

dang

Administrator
Site Donor
Reaction score
I remember when I was a kid I had a car with only two aluminum wheels and couldn't afford the matching pair so I put them both on the same side of the car and put stock wheels on the other side. Great for robbing banks, the witnesses have different descriptions of your car! ;)

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I have wheels ... alpinas, weds, H&B all refinished and never mounted.
Have you priced wheels lately?

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
There are also cheaper Alpina replicas here, but don't know about the quality on those specific wheels.
http://www.alfagiuliashop.eu/
I've bought a set of Minilite replicas for a 02 from them, those were nice wheels and no problems with the service or shipping.

DSC_0492.jpg

Last edited:

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
The Coupeking wheels are very, very nice and an inexpensive option.
i will echo Chris' comment. i have a set of the Coupeking wheels, they are half the price of real alpinas, i have had zero issues with mine. they look just like the originals, the only difference that i find is that they say Coupeking in the open (black) section rather than Alpina.

Belgiumbarry

Reaction score

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sometimes its the tire / installer and not the wheel. i had a wheel / tire taken apart to replace the valve stem a while back and had the tiniest of weight on the wheel. when i got it back it had a ton of weights on it. i had them take the weights and the tire off the wheel - then put the tire back on (rotated) correctly and again there was barely a weight on the wheel. something about the position / rotation of the tire in relation to the valve stem (or so i was told).

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I absolutely agree, Scott. I find that wheel balancing is a science, but there's also some art to it. If the tecnician is piling stacks of weight on a wheel, there is likely something else wrong with how the tire is seated - or worse.

Stevehose

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Yes, when I mounted my Cinturatos I took them to an independent Porsche shop, he told me after that they kept rotating the tire until it needed the least weight. Pricier than normal tire place, but worth it instead of just piling weights on.

sometimes its the tire / installer and not the wheel. i had a wheel / tire taken apart to replace the valve stem a while back and had the tiniest of weight on the wheel. when i got it back it had a ton of weights on it. i had them take the weights and the tire off the wheel - then put the tire back on (rotated) correctly and again there was barely a weight on the wheel. something about the position / rotation of the tire in relation to the valve stem (or so i was told).