Site Donor $$
Reaction score
1 5/8 should be plenty big

ACP is great- I have bought 10 sets

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I just sent you their phone number- tell them that Don Lawrence sent you.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Referring back to the original post, I use the Ireland headers and there is no interference with the frame rail.

Not the issue at hand here, but FYI.

'69 2800cs

Reaction score
Some additional discussion.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Folks,
We're building a modified 3.5 liter, and need to source some headers...
Ireland's stuff interferes with the frame rail
Schneidman is the same design
Bav Auto no longer lists theirs
The Stahl design IRC in my ancient mind thinks these are inter-changable from E28 chassis to E9 chassis?

I'm considering the Supersprint header for this build.... and it is made for the E24 E28 chassis . . can anyone confirm?

Mario L.

Are you saying you tried the IRL header and it don't fit?

Or it's just what you heard?

gazzol

Reaction score
I think the issue is quality control at IE, you get whatever they send you and hope it works. Sorry, based on anecdotal evidence.
My experience with Fitzbits also although I'm surprised to hear that about an Ireland Engineering product

LarE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Another vote for ACP... I have been looking for headers for my E9 3.5L and there are not many options out there, relatively speaking. Per Don's suggestion the other day, I am ordering from ACP, specifically the Stahl #11 design, which is long tube, 1 5/8" primaries, (they call it their "race" header), made at their shop in PA. They are mild steel, not stainless, so I am going to get them ceramic coated. Sounds like a good company, and bonus...they answer their phone and emails! (unlike some companies)

CSdoc

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Another vote for ACP... I have been looking for headers for my E9 3.5L and there are not many options out there, relatively speaking. Per Don's suggestion the other day, I am ordering from ACP, specifically the Stahl #11 design, which is long tube, 1 5/8" primaries, (they call it their "race" header), made at their shop in PA. They are mild steel, not stainless, so I am going to get them ceramic coated. Sounds like a good company, and bonus...they answer their phone and emails! (unlike some companies)
Crazy Coincidence Larry, Gregg at ACP called me today (I previously had left a message after Don's post) and on the phone today, he kept referencing "our previous email conversation and the pictures" as he was thinking I , was in fact you!!!

I to will be ordering shortly from ACP as well. Only concern is the "long tube" design my rob some lower end performance. @Don, in the ones like this you have bought in the past, does the long tube style cause the lower end performance to suffer?

Thank you Don and everyone on the Thread for the input. Keep you all posted as we proceed.

LarE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
Crazy Coincidence Larry, Gregg at ACP called me today (I previously had left a message after Don's post) and on the phone today, he kept referencing "our previous email conversation and the pictures" as he was thinking I , was in fact you!!!

I to will be ordering shortly from ACP as well. Only concern is the "long tube" design my rob some lower end performance. @Don, in the ones like this you have bought in the past, does the long tube style cause the lower end performance to suffer?

Thank you Don and everyone on the Thread for the input. Keep you all posted as we proceed.
That's funny, probably the most E9 action they got in a while.
As far as long v short primaries, as I understand it, long tube is best for preserving low to mid power. Don can probably confirm if this rule of thumb is applicable to this set up. If you are into engine stuff, there is a book called "Four Stroke Performance Tuning" by A. Graham Bell that has lots of good info (including math!), they have some good info on header design, etc.

LarE9

Site Donor
Reaction score
That's funny, probably the most E9 action they got in a while.
As far as long v short primaries, as I understand it, long tube is best for preserving low to mid power. Don can probably confirm if this rule of thumb is applicable to this set up. If you are into engine stuff, there is a book called "Four Stroke Performance Tuning" by A. Graham Bell that has lots of good info (including math!), they have some good info on header design, etc.
FYI - To follow up with this, I spoke with Greg at ACP this morning, and he said they are pretty busy, so orders are about 8-10 weeks out (approximately, could be more or less). You can be put on the list, but he won't take your money until he is ready to actually make your order, and will contact prior to doing so. (I got on the list).