Golf Yellow CSi on BAT - NMNA

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting. This is one suburb away here in Chicagoland, and I've never seen it. There was one for sale up at the Werkshop in the north suburbs are few years back. I wonder if this is the same one.

If anyone wants me to take a non-intrusive look at it, let me know.

GK-E30M3

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting. This is one suburb away here in Chicagoland, and I've never seen it. There was one for sale up at the Werkshop in the north suburbs are few years back. I wonder if this is the same one.

If anyone wants me to take a non-intrusive look at it, let me know.
Not the same this is sold by Josh Miller he imported few cars from Europe including 3x e9s

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Not the same this is sold by Josh Miller he imported few cars from Europe including 3x e9s
He’s got a YouTube channel. Had been mostly e28,e30,e34,e46 content but he’s ventured into older models. He’s recently imported some nice stuff from Europe, strictly to flip It appears. The three cars in this video sure look nice.

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a nice enough driver. Picture 405 certainly backs up his statement about rust repairs done on the car. Seems like a nice, eager young man who went on a European holiday with a bag of money. I would take that youtube post down if he plans to be a knowledgeable presenter of that 750/101 interim spider. The "Alfisti" will make a meal out of him and come back for more.

Last edited:

Strato102

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like a nice enough driver. Picture 405 certainly backs up his statement about rust repairs done on the car. Seems like a nice, eager young man who went on a European holiday with a bag of money. I would take that youtube post down if he plans to be a knowledgeable presenter of that 750/105 interim spider. The "Alfisti" will make a meal out of him and come back for more.
Photo 177 zoomed in is the most dire bulkhead shot I have ever seen. None of my business to comment on that site. Curious to see if it is brought up.

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I have no problem posting on BaT for things that potential bidders there should know. I just took a look on the fuses and... Yep - Pretty obvious if you actually look. LOL
So - I just posted a note on BaT regarding the fuse box... Will see how that goes.

WALTER

Site Donor
Reaction score
I followed the seller's Youtube channel as he specialized in e34 content and I had purchased an e34 525i. Seems like a good young guy; made lots of e34 videos that I could follow along to do some work myself or point out what I wanted done by mechanics. I think he ran out of e34 content and decided to broaden his horizon to other models; I think he will be good for the brand.

Walter

lip277

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I know - will see how this pans out.
Seems like he is trying to do the right things here though. I may make another comment about needing to make sure that not only are the fuses installed, but they are the correct ones.

On a side note -
I must admit the endless backslapping comments some folks seem to want to make really is grating on me.
As you may recall - This happened on the CSL (to a ridiculous amount) and seems to be happening here also.
Having to wade through those useless comments to get to the meat of the information is starting to make it not worth my time any longer with these auctions.
Will see how that goes in the long run I guess.
I hope BaT can figure out a way to cut the wheat from the chaff (so to speak). If they want to anyway.

bavbob

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it me or is the car leaning due to his weight, looks tilted toward the right

ablank135

Site Donor
Reaction score
Is it me or is the car leaning due to his weight, looks tilted toward the right
You looking at pic number 4, below? I think that's either the camera position or an effect of parking on an incline on the Burr Ridge Village Center parking ramp. (Recognized from my son's frequent use of the top level as a nighttime make-out spot.) If you look at #141 and #142, the wheel well gaps seem pretty equal.

Two side questions: Why the double VIN plates? And how does this car get a pass on BaT's requisite "TMU" on the mileage?

Screenshot 2023-11-16 at 9.34.12 AM.png

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
This rusty CSi I sold a long time ago had issues in the bulkhead, but still looked way better than this Golf CSi
1700159314825.png

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
On a side note -
I must admit the endless backslapping comments some folks seem to want to make really is grating on me.
As you may recall - This happened on the CSL (to a ridiculous amount) and seems to be happening here also.
Having to wade through those useless comments to get to the meat of the information is starting to make it not worth my time any longer with these auctions.
Will see how that goes in the long run I guess.
I hope BaT can figure out a way to cut the wheat from the chaff (so to speak). If they want to anyway.
Me too - imagine trying to buy a car and all the other personal in the dealership, or in a private sale, if all the neighbors came along and told you (without prompting) what a great guy/girl the seller is or how wonderful the car is ........I know I would run away, as fast as my little legs could carry me

Last edited:

CSteve

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I find myself in an awkward place. When I sold Lilli, my pristine, quite original, Chaminoix,'76 2002, there were something like 137 comments. Many were valid questions, but many were from BMW buddies here in Bucks County and from members here and on 2002faq. They were much appreciated and actually quite moving in some cases. The posters attested to my many sterling qualites(sarcasm alert) telling potential bidders I was a safe bet. I hope most of the 137 comments were, as BMWPete says, Wheat not Chall. Whatever Chaff is?

Steve