glasurit BMW 11.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3,411
  • glasurit BMW 1.jpg
    glasurit BMW 1.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 4,111

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Great contribution! Could these be scanned in higher resolution and perhaps added to the technical resources section?

Also when looking at the technical section I saw that that there were window stickers there. I have the one that came with my car. If admin is interested, please reach out to me and I can supply the image of that to add if desired.

lsquaredb

Reaction score
The Glasurit formula for Bristol is incorrect. It makes a slightly brownish grey rather than a slightly bluish grey. Parts of my car had to be sent to BASF for spectral analysis and there was a lot of back and forth between them and the restoration shop. In all, about dozen different recipes were tested. One was much nicer than the original Bristol, but we ended up going with the one that is closest to the original. This caused about a two month delay, and the car won't be ready for Larz on Sunday.

Leonard
'70 2800CS

E3-3.0Si

Reaction score
As requested, the scans from Glasurit catalog with paint formulas
Hi Lorenzo, do you have the next page in this reference document? I’m looking for the correct Glasurit paint formula for 012 Sierrabiege for my E3 3.0Si restoration. That colour was introduced in September 1976 so I’m guessing that it’s on the next page of the catalogue you’ve scanned. I’d really appreciate it if you could share it!