Gas Pedal Question

e30strube

Reaction score
Does anyone have a picture of where the gas pedal spring attaches to the pedal box on the inside of the car? I can't seem to figure it out.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
I would look across the forum.. so many pictures from repairs and restorations

There was specific thread in the past:

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Here are some pictures of where the gas pedal return spring attaches and some not so good ones of the clutch and brake return springs...

IMG_8886.JPG

IMG_8854.JPG

IMG_8882.JPG

IMG_8877.JPG

Sorry the pictures aren't great. It's difficult to photograph under the dash with it all put together.

Here are the diagrams from RealOEM

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.21.52 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-12-27 at 10.22.41 AM.png

I think what happened with your other post for the brake and clutch pedal springs (and maybe with this one too) is that even though you posted it in the E3 section, most posts here are about E9s and everyone (including me) thought you were asking about an E9. For E3 questions it is always good to identify that you are asking about an E3 in the title of the post even though it is posted in the correct subforum. It's also good to identify the year of your car since there are subtle (and not so subtle) differences between the years. You can do this in your sig.

Good luck with your project. Post some pictures and description of it when you get a chance if you haven't already done so.

e30strube

Reaction score
This is perfect! I saw the holes at the top of the pedal box but it seemed to put a lot of pressure on the throttle. Guess that’s just how it is. Thanks!

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
adding to Dicks

Attachments

• C9A17D78-2D4F-4D00-A92B-FA9CEC7265BF.jpeg
    C9A17D78-2D4F-4D00-A92B-FA9CEC7265BF.jpeg
    291.8 KB · Views: 83

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
... but it seemed to put a lot of pressure on the throttle.
Once you get the car running and driving you can always change that spring to another if you aren't happy with the pressure needed on the throttle. My spring does not look like the one in the RealOEM diagram (mine looks like something used to close a screen door ;) ) so I probably changed it out at some point to one I liked better than the original. Don's looks like original equipment and hooks in a different location. (When in doubt....trust Don :))

e30strube

Reaction score
Dons picture almost looks like it’s mounted on the side of the pedal box. I just have the holes at the top. May be a case of a change at some point. Thank you both… huge help.