Fuel Tank for sale?

Ian_fegan

Reaction score
Anyone in tbe UK or Ireland got a decent E9 fuel tank for sale? It seems mine is beyond restoration...

Wladek

Reaction score
i am looking for a CSi tank. I think i will be buying a CS tank thougb and modifying it...
Do you know that you will also need to modify fuel sender? The length of CS is different from CSI, so if you will use CS tank you will also need to use CS fuel sender, otherwise you will have wrong fuel level on instrument panel.

m73

Reaction score
I have mentioned this before but a Scandinavian member here should have 1 of each tank I believe. Worth searching the forum and sending him a PM.

-Mo

Ian_fegan

Reaction score
Do you know that you will also need to modify fuel sender? The length of CS is different from CSI, so if you will use CS tank you will also need to use CS fuel sender, otherwise you will have wrong fuel level on instrument panel.
from the seller....

This is not true, 2800 cs have a small capacity tank. The 3.0cs and csi tanks have the same capacity for those that are fitted from inside the car. Late model e9 tanks were bolted in from under the car and the tank capacity varied too. I have also checked the depth on both csi and cs tanks and they are the same.

damienh

Reaction score
I ended up having my CSi tank repaired in London, as adapting a CS tank turned out to be far more complicated than I had hoped. I can't remember exactly what the issues were, but I think from memory that I couldn't work out how I could replicate the arrangement of the 12 or so holes with threads where the sender screws into the tank. It's worth mentioning that the tanks generally corrode from outside, in the seam, due to water sitting in the boot / trunk. My repair worked out very well and only cost me about £50 I seem to remember.

Ian_fegan

Reaction score
Hi all, I have purchased a second hand tank from a guy in the UK. Expecting to receive it in the next day or so. Thanks for the responses!