FS: A few parts from a 10/78 635CSi

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I'm just about done parting a 10/78 635CSi. There are a couple of parts on the car that might be of interest to the E9/E3 guys.

I have driven the car the parts came from and everything functioned well.

-3.07 sideloader - $475
This is an open diff, but it functioned well and has the fluid recovery system, which also means it has the unique case that has drain and fill plugs in the back, rather than just drain in the back and fill on the side. Includes the pop-out drive flanges that take the 60mm axle bolts (thread into flange). I can provide a set of 12 of those bolts if needed.

-Front/rear brake calipers - sold
Functioning set of front and rear calipers. Fronts take 280x22mm rotors and rears take 272x19mm vented rotors. All bleeders function as well - I ran all new fluid through the car about a year or so ago. A rebuild would of course be suggested, but these worked fine on the car last time I drove it and the fluid is still clean.

I also have a second pair of front calipers for $75 and a pair of E12 M535i front calipers for $125 (Take 280x25 E23 rotors)

-complete oil cooler setup - $250
This is a complete setup with the cooler heat exchanger, lines and a filter housing (either the old orange canister or I can provide the much improved later E28 style instead since I've recently discovered I've got more than a couple of those). The lines would do well to be rebuilt and I'm also not 100% sure of their routing would fit, but they're a good place to start from.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I haven't had a chance to take any photos yet, but will have some soon. Also if there's anything from the car that I didn't think of that might be of interest to you, please let me know!

Last edited:

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interior is beige and the leather is in poor shape. There's a pending local sale on the rear seats but if that doesn't materialize, I will let you know.

Also forgot to add a set of the side markers used on 2002s, E9s and E3s. I know a lot of guys take them off in their restorations but if you have a nice survivor car and your lenses have turned mostly clear or are cracked, these could help you out. $100 shipped for the set.

Also, I'm open to offers on any of the stuff I posted. Figured I'd give you guys first shot at this stuff.

Thanks!

kbken62

Reaction score
I'm just about done parting a 10/78 635CSi. There are a couple of parts on the car that might be of interest to the E9/E3 guys.

I have driven the car the parts came from and everything functioned well.

-3.07 sideloader - $475
This is an open diff, but it functioned well and has the fluid recovery system, which also means it has the unique case that has drain and fill plugs in the back, rather than just drain in the back and fill on the side. Includes the pop-out drive flanges that take the 60mm axle bolts (thread into flange). I can provide a set of 12 of those bolts if needed.

-Front/rear brake calipers - $180
Functioning set of front and rear calipers. Fronts take 280x22mm rotors and rears take 272x19mm vented rotors. All bleeders function as well - I ran all new fluid through the car about a year or so ago. A rebuild would of course be suggested, but these worked fine on the car last time I drove it and the fluid is still clean.

I also have a second pair of front calipers for $75 and a pair of E12 M535i front calipers for $125 (Take 280x25 E23 rotors)

-complete oil cooler setup - $250
This is a complete setup with the cooler heat exchanger, lines and a filter housing (either the old orange canister or I can provide the much improved later E28 style instead since I've recently discovered I've got more than a couple of those). The lines would do well to be rebuilt and I'm also not 100% sure of their routing would fit, but they're a good place to start from.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I haven't had a chance to take any photos yet, but will have some soon. Also if there's anything from the car that I didn't think of that might be of interest to you, please let me know!

Do you still have the rear trailing arms?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
I have the trailing arms but they won't work for E9s since they don't have the spring perch for the rear springs.

It has comfort seats. Sport seats were not available in E24s until 9/84. The optional seats were Recaros and this car didn't have them. My other '79 did but they were trashed so I let them go with the car when I dumped it. I am sure the current owner will find a use for them.

The oil cooler mounts to a couple of easily fabbed brackets that you could have use existing holes for your AC condenser so as not to drill unnecessary holes in the core support.

Also, these cars came with a pretty cool heat shield that protects the bushing in the idler arm from the downpipes or headers if you have them. My E12 M535i already has one so I could let this go. Just uses two screws (included). One goes into the frame rail and the other through the bottom of the subframe into a speed nut on the heat shield. Could be yours for $50.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
Figured I'd follow up. The calipers are pending sale, but everything else is still available. I am also thinking I'll let the rest of the drivetrain (M90 and dogleg G265/5) go. I really don't have a need or at this point even a desire to use it. I did drive the car prior to disassembly. I would of course suggest that the motor would benefit from a rebuild (or at least a reseal) as would the trans. The differential is an open 3.07 but is the necessary gear ratio for the dogleg. PM me to discuss if you're interested. Would be awesome in an E9 or E3. I just finished my E12 M535i restoration and it's a great drivetrain for sure.

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
They were not in particularly nice shape, so they were not worth saving. The chrome plastic was also in very rough shape on this car. Interior was not one of it's strong points. Oh, I should add that I no longer have the car.
GujE3sl0nxYFvHxYOh5ayQgFmjkniFQ30v43bESPIGT6XE2pdIRcOzOG4OcG9SP0vA0ul6mOOoA_N6giYZaC56z590X8bceGRXfGa68b3J2cc5P_P__bv8uoGwccGPlD6QTGx3XwmGSVAHsWpFGPGZWJ-nB7jQ-OuqczbhF1xKNXUBaI0784fhOYC13SoKPmsOlZkXjLuzR8imDEEYYDvSNXeAN1QiG8-u23MKe5n-gdbfh7aBneYgOAeXCiWO_f1n8aCf0r0uDeIgEjZUbk2aRQg92wPhXlVjXIaJnf2FEshZKyNsgiqqDChyejHO0P47HH7847YxThn-3jR5uA-TJFxC1KM-hA8T_WlmAW1n7AXE_OIeiQuLr0h_mBPksj19Okbh-taOiqd48aNLVPXZ_7RhPzJXQMm7kAFA0AxuBqBGuG2QA_HD3c9cm3y2801FAxE-S3CxFcVbUPAyHh3-X_tF_YIQ8PnBuAf1Y0MXXBm8X-DQqp8to-fb6zCPBgcvPR0P76LCoqYl8CCKH4NWdCBZkZiXzomDc9DcmhPLDBI-9DB0DAerB7-W2XqG-FDTVPbzlaD3vGMNxPbnFqkKNOlFokyC_gDVV6V2bSsHWHYGaJGYTyJyhTFMtpB_KrNBTjZHnCNA=w718-h539-no

wkohler

Site Donor
Reaction score
what do you want for the m90 and separately for the dogleg?
I'm thinking $1250 for the M90 long block with the manifolds (it's a 10/78 build and has the extra gusseting at the base of the block which later blocks don't have) and $2000 for the dogleg gearbox. The last unknown condition one I saw went for that and since I know this needs new seals, I figured that's fair.

I can palletize and deliver to a shipping depot.