FS: '73 CS - auto $18k

acat2002

Reaction score
Alright, I think I'm going to sell my coupe.
I say "think" because I was talked out of it last time by some well-meaning board members here. Bottom line is that I've got the p-car bug again and have an opportunity to jump on an early 911S that I have been coveting for years.

Rather than post a lengthly description only to be used as troll food, I'll let you serious potential candidates send a PM. I have TONS and TONS of photos and a very comprehensive description.
1973 3.0CS U.S.-Version. Automatic. Rebuilt top end and transmission recently.
restored interior in 2008-2009, bare metal respray and body done in 2006-2007. I call it a very nice "driver", yet I never seem to drive it because I enjoy keeping her nice. An in person inspection will not dissappoint.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26376951@N06/sets/72157622322322531/

(I took the photos a few months ago, but the car has sat, unchanged in my garage all winter. The only thing different is I sourced and installed the correct rear view mirrors since these pictures were taken).

#2250587 if you care to look it up in the registry.

I'm asking $18,000. I'm flexible to the extent that if I address the few needing issues that need sorting over the next month then the price is fiirm. Until then you have wiggle room fellas.

Attachments

• Grill Badge.jpg
    Grill Badge.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 212
  • IMG_0015.jpg
    IMG_0015.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_0026.jpg
    IMG_0026.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_0024.jpg
    IMG_0024.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 204

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I want to talk you out of it, and to fully get it out of your mind just let me have the phone number of the 911S seller.

acat2002

Reaction score
yeah Arde, it probably won't take much to talk me out of it!
I do love her, but get the "7-year itch" every now and then.

Somehow I need to follow in the footsteps of Atan888 and figure out a way to have ALL my favorite cars in my garage at one time!

de coupe

Reaction score
Great looking ride

Great looking ride, I can see that you have done alot with the car I do hope you decide to keep her....

All the best
Daniel

acat2002

Reaction score
Thanks Trev0006.
Just relectantly posted on fleabay, so we'll see...
I'll probably spend more time weding out would-be scammers and tire-kickers that eBay attracts, but such is life.

craterface

Site Donor
Reaction score
Sold?

Looks like it sold today on ebay for 15K? I mentioned it to a guy named Gary H, who lives in Mass, whom I recently met down here in Fla. Did he buy it?
I really wanted it for myself, but a divorce would ensue if a second e9 arrived in our driveway at this point. Sometimes you just have to appreciate things from a distance, without having to own them. Looks like the buyer got a good buy.
Scott

jmackro

Reaction score
Aynsley:

Sorry to see you leaving the coupe fellowship, but I know you have a weakness for 911's. Drop by the e9 Forum from time to time, and let us know how the "P car" is treating you. Who knows, you may succumb to the charms of e9's again.

acat2002

Reaction score
Oh, I'll be back...don't worry.

One of the best no-nonsense forums out there.
In fact, I'm quite positive I'll be back in the fellowship soon enough.

trading cars is fun. The anticipation of getting to know a "new" vintage car, sorting out the kinks etc. You can't keep em all...unless you're Atan888. Somehow he finds a way.

I had tons of positive inquiries and comments on the car. Everyone seemed to think it was underpriced on eBay. Maybe, yet the market has the last word. I bet if I ran it through eBay a few more times or showed up a V@V with a FS sign I could have gotten more money.
Time is money and trying to squeeze another $3-$4k out of the car would cost me way more time and effort. Sell it at the market price and move on. As my Wall Street buddies say "you can't fight the tape". Of course I think it is well bought, but that's the market today. The same market that's allowing me to get a crack at a '72 911 RS for a reasonable number.