Frua Coupe

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
BMW has posted photos on Instagram of their Frua coupe project 350/2 that was discussed in this thread:

https://e9coupe.com/forum/threads/the-frua-barn-find.24253/.

This is the e9 chassis coupe built in 1969 as the Frua 2800GT: http://instagr.am/p/B9Rwhc9n4PD/
From my observations BMW has once again ignored period correct pieces in their restoration such as a later 3.0 CS air cleaner with wire clips instead of solid straps, a later valve cover with rear oil cap, later water divider housing with four bungs, and who knows what else. It is just sad to me that they can recreate a show car but won’t invest in parts for mass produced vintage BMWs.

I have sent a message to the member here, the Frua Register, for status on 350/4 that was discovered in 2016 and on which restoration started in early 2017.

73Polaris

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, beautiful car. Looks like a cross between a 240Z and an Italian coupe from the early 60s.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Taiga! Sharp eye you have there Chis. While I tend to agree that they should strive for period correct parts when the restoration is of such high quality, I would not throw this car out of bed. It's a stunning piece. Thanks for sharing. I need to get on Instagram.

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
I think that I remember a 69 Camaro color that was this more "acid" version of Taiga. A little surprised at the black engine bay. If they would have done more of that in production, it would have saved a lot of mean-spirited posts on this forum;) I always loved that Maser Ghibli/Monterverdi-looking front end...Thanks for sharing.

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks wonderful in this green. Still prefer the 2002GT4, the car I wish BMW made, love the front end.

image-c890x594-ffffff-C-96476fe1-214580.jpg
S0-Concours-d-Elegance-Villa-d-Este-quelques-raretes-73264.jpg
bmw_2002_gt4_frua.jpg
autowp_831443783.jpeg
bmw_2002_gt4_coupe_frua.jpeg