Finally starting my project

Bavman

Reaction score
THis car is going to be for track use only...and it is not going to be the typical CSL clone, think early group 1/2 car. No flares, maybe 200hp. The goal is to make the NASA nationals at Road Atlanta the end of August. Yes, that is crazy but the only way I can get anything done is to set some serious deadline. I am already registered and qualified for the nationals, now to build the car. Will run in the GTS1 class...

Bavman

Reaction score
working on getting photos uploaded, not working right now...

dave v. in nc

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Track time

Look forward to seeing pics at the Vintage..bringing any good stuff? ....or maybe the racecar/ Would love to see it.
Dave V. in western NC

bdigel

Reaction score
Kick ass Al !!
love it !
that will stir the pot for sure !
now other than watching the spec e30 fight I have a reason to go up there !
if you can't figure out how to post the pictures email them to me Ill post them for you

Bavman

Reaction score
photos?

Still unable to post photos, even from my new computer....hmmm.

Working on the rear subframe, as this car will not be flared not sure what I can get away with, here are the specs I found on rear track:

CS 56 in
Bav 57.6
e12 57.9
6er 58.5

On the Bav I used early euro 635 arms modified to use Brembo calipers on the stock vented rotor. This time I think I will try the e12 arms with solid rotors and the Brembos with the spacers out. The e12 hubs use wheel bolts so I can use some Bimmerworld race studs in them. I want to use 15x7,5 wheels with maybe 225/45/15 rubber, but if limited to 205/50 on 7's so be it. I have a modified Bav subframe and will use the delrin adjustable bushings I had in the Bav....speaking of, I ran 16x9.5 on the rear of the Bav! With 200hp I was probably slowing the car down with too much wheel and tire...

Thanks

Al Taylor

DerSchwede

Reaction score
I'd go for the later E3 subframe and dito trailing arms. That setup has a 58.5" track and you can use the E3/E9 calipers with the vented euro discs on all four corners and don't have to rely upun the funky rear calipers from the E12/E24 setup ;-)

That setup is bullet proof up to at least 300 engine hp with some decent brake pads like Ferodo DS3000

Cheers
Anders

bdigel

Reaction score
posting up pictures of Al future CS NASA GTS 1 car !

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

looks like a good solid car to start with for racing at the NASA nationals !

Bavman

Reaction score
The e28 subframe arms are 57.5 so they should fit the stock body....I have plenty of Limited Slips for that set up but not much in the way of brakes...For the Brembos that I have for the e3-24 set up I have DS3000's and Carbotechs already but would have to run a welded diff..

I ran the welded diffs in the Bav and the only place it caused trouble was Summit Point with the tight carousel. VIR and Road Atlanta should be no problem for the welded diff.

Welded bars across the doorways Monday so I can really start tearing into it.

Al