Fastest Windows in the West (FWIW 3)

restart

Reaction score
Ok, I read the rules. My Hitch****ian screaming slow "Rear Window" doesn't qualify because it's not a door window I am gunna haf ta git out my stopwatch and have a run at Al's 11.1:idea:

6 six" seconds! That's astounding. did you witness that? I cry photoshopped!.
That is truly guillotinesque!

..riddle me this Batman. Why don't they allow E3s? Sheesh!

Ok coupers: Game on....

The Rules: Doors closed. Owner's choice of either door window, engine on optional.

Start: raise window entirely to the up/closed/sealed position from completely down, then back down completely to finish. (Basically: all the way up, then back down all the way )

Event history:
FWIW 2
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4012&highlight=fastest+windows+west&page=3

time owner year type (P=power/M=manual)

24.9 sec Erik 1973 P = SLOWEST!k
24.1 Chris 1973 P
18.7 Dennis 1974 P
16.0/12.00 Paul C. 1972 P
15.9 Murray 1970 M
11.1 Al 1971 P
10.1 John 1974 P
9.8 Chris 1974 P
8.9 Ben 1975 P
8.3 Steve 1972 P
8.0 Terry 1972 P
7.4 Doug 1971 M
7.1 Paul 1972 M
6.1 Lev 1974 M
6.0 Shanon 1970 M
6.0 Ping-Tsao 1973 P

FWIW 1
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3907&highlight=fastest+windows+west

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am resurrecting this thread as the organizers of Legends of the Autobahn have prepared a small trophy to be given out for this award.

I am hoping that Shanon, our past organizer of this contest, will once again lead this year's contest. To be consistent and in the interests of fairness, I propose that this be a contest of door windows only and the door, whether driver or passenger, must be closed during this contest (as in the past).

Shanon, are you up for this? I will have a clipboard for you to record the results and I think we can use a smartphone timer as a stopwatch unless you happen to have a stopwatch. The slowest window can also be recorded but no award will be given for slowest. Any comments are also welcome.

Chris

aeronotix

Reaction score
Awesome thread!

Thanks for such entertaining reading.
This is much uplifting than other discussions on terminal rust and how much does my coupe worth (no offense).
Good job!!