Extractors / Headers for RHD E9

cal csl

Reaction score
Hi Bill, Ian at IDB has cermaic coated headers for about $1500. I am also hunting around for some so keep me posted if you come up with anything good and i will do the same.

Are you going to replace the rest of the exhaust or mod it to fit the headers?

callan

Bill Cutler

Reaction score
Fritz's Bits in UK list E9 headers at 430UKP, waiting on shipping info from them. If you're interested we could get several sets??

See photo.

IDB's headers have the front three pipes running forward and then under the steering box. Effective, but not as neat, and will foul my aircon piping.

Also stainless headers available from www.motorsportsdownunder.com at $900, info and photos coming.

I will have the rest of the system made locally in 2 1/4". I'm thinking about "hotting up" my coupe next year - just because I can...

Attachments

• E9 Headers Fritz's Bits.jpg
    E9 Headers Fritz's Bits.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 124

cal csl

Reaction score
Getting a price on a complete system from motor sports as well but running this way, giving that the are interstate, might be a bit dicey if there is any tweaking required.

Had a quote locally for the rest of the system for around $1500.

Sounds like we are after the same thing and can prob get a deal if we buy the systems together.

what are your thoughts on the ceramic coating?

Bill Cutler

Reaction score
Hi Cal

I have ordered set of the headers from MSDU, but not the rest of the system, for the exact same reason - it might need a bit of tweaking, and I'm thinking about different pipe sizes and muffler sizes. I'll wait until I get the headers on then have a look at the rest. I might even make up the system myself with stock mandrel bends etc.

Ceramic coating is great on a race car, but I dont see the value for a (relatively stock) road car.

x_atlas0

Reaction score
Hi Cal

I have ordered set of the headers from MSDU, but not the rest of the system, for the exact same reason - it might need a bit of tweaking, and I'm thinking about different pipe sizes and muffler sizes. I'll wait until I get the headers on then have a look at the rest. I might even make up the system myself with stock mandrel bends etc.

Ceramic coating is great on a race car, but I dont see the value for a (relatively stock) road car.

Save the engine bay paint, keep them from rusting.

fredp

Reaction score
Bill

Have you received and fitted the headers yet?

I'm interested in ordering a set myself.