e9 with M5 mods - Australian

adawil2002

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Looks well very done. hough I'm not a fan of the Mercedes looking wheels and the shifter looks a bit awkward being so tall.

Philippe db

Reaction score
For me just horrible.

If you want an M5 just buy and M5 but don't mess with classic cars.

Very bad taste as far as I'm concerned.

sandhu

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Put some 16 alpina wheels on the car , reduce the gear knob to a shorter one.. job done. Nice car

I know a guy who put a m635 engine and box in a csl ....went like a bat out of hell..

Looks well very done. hough I'm not a fan of the Mercedes looking wheels and the shifter looks a bit awkward being so tall.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting center consol. Totally custom I guess?

Yeah that's an AC console without the face plate. That must have been a tough compromise when installing the S38, given that Australia can be warm in the summer. Incindentally, Inbrleive that Alan is keeping th AC in his S38 swap, so it doesn't seem out of the question.

Brendan E

Reaction score
Yeah that's an AC console without the face plate. That must have been a tough compromise when installing the S38, given that Australia can be warm in the summer. Incindentally, Inbrleive that Alan is keeping th AC in his S38 swap, so it doesn't seem out of the question.
I smell a rat ...

Gumtree is an odd forum to sell a $60k collectors car. Why not list here or at least also on a mainstream car site. I've checked.. Not there.
Why use photo's from 2006.

I'll try call the seller when I'm back in Aus.. & update

Cause I'm still looking for my dream Aus E9. Which are rarer then hens teeth

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I smell a rat ...

Gumtree is an odd forum to sell a $60k collectors car. Why not list here....

This forum represents a small subset of the e3/e9 community, with 540 active members. I'm new to all of this and already know several active enthusiasts that have never been to this forum.

I get your point about gumtree, but it isn't uncommon for a consignment shop to throw their ads on cheap sites. The $60K taiga in Vancouver was on Craigslist last summer.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Those pictures are 10 years old. Who sells a car with 10 year old pictures?

It seems feasible to me if they are the best photos that the seller has. Condition may have deteriorated since then. I see it all the time on CL. What I don't see are scammers that use 10yo photos. Scammers know how to use the Internet. They also know how to crop a date stamp out of a scanned photo. My vote is real.