E9/m5 love child: Final renders

02m2

Reaction score
Here are the final renders for my e9 s85 build.

Attachments

• Hi-Res Front Studio.jpg
    Hi-Res Front Studio.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 313
  • Hi-Res Head on Studio.jpg
    Hi-Res Head on Studio.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 283
  • Hi-Res Rear 2 Studio.jpg
    Hi-Res Rear 2 Studio.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 279
  • Hi-Res Side Studio.jpg
    Hi-Res Side Studio.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 278
  • New vents.jpg
    New vents.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 276

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
She looks best from the rear, which given her engine is the view most people will see...

Bmachine

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
To each his own of course but personally I think it is awesome. If it was me, I would reduce the fender flaring by 50% because you do loose some of the elegance of the shape but I realize you had some wheel n tires size considerations to deal with.

I'd love to see a "street" version of this with minimal (if any) flares bc everything else is really sweet.

Great work!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I think the plate should be "HAMRHED". With the wide front end it's no ordinary shark. It's a hammerhead shark!

I think it looks cool. In my opinion there is little one can do to make the E9 look better. I certainly like the original look better, but I think the craftsmanship on this will make the car's presence much more stunning in person than the renders can convey. Also, if you get the exhaust note right everything else is irrelevant. :D

It would be cool to see the renders in some other colors. I like Turkis but I think this could look really great in some other colors.

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
all in all, i think it looks quite good too. agree with Arde, looks best from the tail -all business

minor comments, the rear flare should be more of a gradual taper from behind the door. it looks a bit too abrupt of an angle ... more of a bow than a flat with eased ends.
the straight on front makes the front left grille look like it is recessed behind the fender (like the fender protrudes forward)

Honolulu

Reaction score
The second shot, head on, has a very rectangular look below the beltline. I don't think of that look as belonging to a CS.

Putting similarly angled shots of a "regular" coupe next to these would help us see what the mods are.

02m2

Reaction score
Thanks for all the comments. We will start stripping the body for media blast in Nov. Then we will start the work on the chassis design. My goal would be to make the flares only as wide as necessary to fit the track we need to get some decent rubber on it. I too like the back the best and I tried to bring the M5 into the design. I worked real hard on the front to still resemble the E9 but didn't want to go with the standard CSL front spoiler.

As far a color it is not set in stone but I like using period correct and more unusual colors on the car. Let's face it an E9 looks great in any color but I think the lighter colors show the lines off better.

When we start on this I will start a thread.
Thanks for all you help !!
Marc

rb1971

Reaction score
I guess I should go away more often if I'm gone for a couple of months and something this bad$%s pops up! Of course it's obvious that I would be a fan.

Second the comment on the rear view. The four pipes look great.