E3 Wondercar Collection at Lemay-Tacoma, WA

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Christian Zschocke brings his E3 Wondercar Collection (4 cars) to the Lemay America's Car Museum starting Saturday, September 10th.

Screen Shot 2022-07-22 at 6.51.52 PM.png

On Sunday, September 11th, the Puget Sound Chapter of the BMWCCA will hold their annual show at the grounds of the Museum. BMWs only, but you don't have to be a BMWCCA member to attend. Herr Zschocke is scheduled to be at this show. Register here...

More about Herr Zschocke's cars here...

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Would love to attend that event but not in the cards right now. When Peter had his cars there maybe four years ago I attended and Peter picked me up from my hotel in his now departed Chamonix RHD CSL.

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Would love to attend that event but not in the cards right now. When Peter had his cars there maybe four years ago I attended and Peter picked me up from my hotel in his now departed Chamonix RHD CSL.
Hi Chris

I have good news for you. I have been talking with The Petersen and I have arranged for these to go to The Petersen at the end of March and they will be there for another six months with my Dexter Brown 3.3li and the Peter Gregg/Frank Stella M1.

Pete

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hi Chris

I have good news for you. I have been talking with The Petersen and I have arranged for these to go to The Petersen at the end of March and they will be there for another six months with my Dexter Brown 3.3li and the Peter Gregg/Frank Stella M1.

Pete
That will be great!

BMW Pete

Site Donor
Reaction score
Christian Zschocke brings his E3 Wondercar Collection (4 cars) to the Lemay America's Car Museum starting Saturday, September 10th.

View attachment 145074

On Sunday, September 11th, the Puget Sound Chapter of the BMWCCA will hold their annual show at the grounds of the Museum. BMWs only, but you don't have to be a BMWCCA member to attend. Herr Zschocke is scheduled to be at this show. Register here...

More about Herr Zschocke's cars here...

Well some bad news people, Christian flew the cars in from Germany, and LeMay Museum (Americas Car Museum) decided to cancel the exhibition, after the cars had landed and were on the ground at SeaTac.

I won't get into the mud on why, to say there is some upset and frustration would be an understatement, but I have agreed to help Christian with storage until they go to The Petersen next March or maybe earlier, if they have the room.

Today we hope to get them out of customs

Last edited:

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Well some bad news people, Christian flew the cars in from Germany, and LeMay decided to cancel the exhibition, after the cars had landed and were on the ground at SeaTac.

I won't get into the mud on why, to say there is some upset and frustration would be an understatement, but I have agreed to help Christian with storage until they go to The Petersen next March or maybe earlier, if they have the room.

Today we hope to get them out of customs
That IS bad news. I was really looking forward to seeing those special cars and perhaps meeting Christian. More importantly the frustration and expense for Christian is not good. Thank you for helping him (and the cars) while he is in the PNW.

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
I just sent an email to Motorsport Reg, "ask the Registrar a question" to voice my displeasure at this cancellation. There may be better email addresses to complain to, but it's a start. I feel if enough BMW owners complain at this turn of events, well, perhaps there is enough time to reverse this silly decision. Really wanted to see this collection. Anyone who has registered has the option to send a similar message. Let LeMay know how you feel.
I have also found the designated "Contact person" for this event is David Lightfoot, and the website for this event includes his email address: d.lightfoot @ comcast.net.
Also sent him an email hoping there can be some resolution to this impasse. If you are registered, perhaps you send a similar query?

Last edited:

bluecoupe30!

Site Donor
Reaction score
Well, just heard back from David Lightfoot, and he is as dismayed as the rest of us. It seems whomever was "sponsoring" the Family and the cars, had a "falling out" with LeMay, and the visit of the "Wondercars" is off. David has zero control over any of this, we all just hope between now and 11 Sept, some sort of a compromise can be realized, and we can experience these special BMWs at LeMay.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
Is there a link to the event?

I didn't see it in FB, nor on their FB page:

Christoph

Reaction score
Christian was as unhappy as any of us when the event was cancelled. At least the Wundercars could be stored somewhere safe, thanks to Peter's invaluable support. It is a pity, still, especially for Dick, who could have had the cars not too far from home. Hopefully, the Petersen will be a success. Meanwhile, Christian seems to be much better. This arrived just the other day: horizon and New Horizon.
image0.jpeg

Dick Steinkamp

Site Donor $
Reaction score
The Wondercars are still in the Seattle area. I received an eMail from the Puget Sound Chapter of the BMWCCA alerting members to two upcoming local showings of the cars. The following is an excerpt from the email...

Opportunity #1: The Seattle Auto Show

The Wundercars will be featured at the Seattle Auto Show from November 10-13. If you’re planning on attending the show, you will have an opportunity to see the Wundercar Collection there. Tickets and full information at the show website.

Opportunity #2: Private Showing

A much better opportunity to see the Wundercar Collection will be a private showing held at BMW Seattle on Sunday, November 20, from 9:00 to 11:00 am. This is the two-hour window before the dealership’s showroom opens for business.

The cost for the private showing is $10 per person plus a non-perishable food donation for Food Lifeline.

unnamed.jpg

Christian Zschocke with his Wundercars

Last edited: