Did the 1974 3.0CS have a leather 4 spoke steering wheel?

execmalibu

Reaction score
Trying to figure out if a late 1974 (12/74) 3.0CS had a leather covered 4 spoke steering wheel?

Also-
Would it have been possible to order the late 3.0CS with a 1971 2800CS factory 3 spoke wood wheel?

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Should be just like the `74 2002, a big rectangular pad in the center, safety rules after all. What is the VIN of this coupe?

pamp

Reaction score
Wheels

Check my post under resto...I also have a '74 and no idea what may have been "stock" Sure a lot of cool options though!

blumax

(deceased)
Reaction score
1974 3.0 CS steering wheel was--

Very "plain jane" and same as 2002's from 1974-1976--a four spoke plastic thing that was not in keeping with the character and quality of the car. Very few '74's still wear the original steering wheel for that reason.

In answer to your other question regarding the three spoke wood rim "bus wheel"--can state with reasonable certainty--that would not have been available as a factory option. A good quality three spoke original wood wheel--one of the two standard issue wheels on 1970-71 2800 CS--the other being a leather covered rim "bus wheel"--are now becoming a rarity--and expensive.

JMinPDX

Site Donor
Site Donor $
Reaction score
My 74 CSA (56k) still has the original 4 spoke wheel with the big padded center cushion and it is leather wrapped.

John M

NewSixCoupe

Site Donor
Reaction score
I feel the four-spoke leather wheel looks great. Its not too spindly, and the vinyl pad serves as a neutral background for the roundel.

Attachments

• IMG_1760.jpg
    IMG_1760.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 159

pamp

Reaction score
Aha

Thanks for that. I think steering wheels, road wheels, shifter knobs, interior wood...this is all such cool stuff. I would hate to use the term "bling" but there you go. The coupe is a piece of art in my opinion. Most times owned by folks who also have an eye for the ascetics
and find particularly nice and beautiful ways to personalize the car. More photos please...
bring it on!

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Leather wrapped steering wheel

I think late E9 models (as from around 1974) had a leather wrapped safety steering wheel. But it was also depending on the model. For instance all late 3.0 CS/CSi cars had the leather wrapped 4-spoke safety steering wheel. But not the 2,5 CS from the same year, which had the foam padded steering wheel. The same applies for the E3 salons. The 3.3Li had it, but not 3.0 S/Si from the same year model.

Cheers