Custom M30 valve cover???

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
854_p36_l.jpg

854_p37_l.jpg

I like it. Anyone know what it came off of?

Ohmess

I wanna DRIVE!
Site Donor $
Reaction score
The late Steve Bingham (aka Steve Blingham) did something like that to the valve cover on his e24. He used a hood roundel rather than paint, and it looked great.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
I don't think so.

Look at where the oil filler is in relation to the typical ones I always see:

Teahead,

You should have the exact same valve cover as the one you first posted. I know that I do. Can you post a picture of yours?

Gary Knox

E9 Member Emeritus
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
IF the head has been changed, and if it has the 'snorkel' tubes FI, then the first valve cover seems to be correct (my '74 has that design). I think the original heads on the 3.0 liter carb cars that were in our cars have the valve cover shown by teahead - based on recollection of the'71 and '73 I owned in the mid-late '70's..

WISE9UY

Site Donor
Reaction score
Both the carburetted motors I have, have the oil filler there. The three later M30 injected motors have it located closer to the firewall rather than the front. I have looked at E9 3.0 CSi engine bays and there are mixed locations. I expect they also move the location because sometimes the airbox sits where the filler was on the original cover.

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Oil filler in front on the e9, carbed and injected. If going b35 with b35 style air box, you use the rear filler location.