Creative subwoofer install

alanmcg

Reaction score
nice

those guys do really nice work, and get paid VERY well - ive seen stereo installs in that shop, in a brand new suv, that cost more than the suv.

sub install in the back armrest is clever, but i love the way the factory arm rest folds down, plus not sure the subs would sound all that good there, not a very big box to resonate in.

also kick panels, while nicely done, still look hokey.

my kick panel and sub pics below - no holes cut, and subs below back seat, REALLY put out.

Attachments

• 126.jpg
    126.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 242
  • 127.jpg
    127.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 221

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I am working on a version of what Alan has done, with the 4" Focal K2 speaker in the kick panel, but moving the tweeter to the ash tray with perf metal replacing the vinyl.

My coupe has a pair of 6" (if i remember correctly) speakers below the rear seat. My thought is to use a 6" (or 2) sub under the seat ... or a flat 8" sub and turn the current speakers into ports for the sub.

Luis A.

Site Donor
Reaction score
Alan, how is the sub installed under the rear seat without cutting any holes? Looks like the speaker cone would just be facing into the sheetmetal.

alanmcg

Reaction score
ha, should have clarified, no 'new' holes. po had drilled holes in the sheet metal for speakers already.