Coupe Mugging

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Remember the E9-Driven badges from 10+ years ago? Some son of a bitch decided he wanted mine on my Sahara Coupe. Luckily I bought 3 when they were made, an Inka, Golf and Chamomix. The Inka one was literally ripped off my grill leaving a hole where it once was.
If someone shows up with a new Inka E9-Driven badge let me know but I’m sure with the integrity of our members and Coupe owners they are not the culprit. My guess is someone said “that’s a cool badge think I’ll have it”. I’m racking my brain for where it may have happened since it’s always garaged and most of my driving is short trips and I’m seldom away from Sahara for an extended time. On top of that Healdsburg is a small mostly crime free town. I’ll be advertising for a passenger side grill soon so if anyone has one let me know.
Regards, Jon

Attachments

• IMG_7499.jpeg
    IMG_7499.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 116

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
sorry to here this Jon ... its bad enough to lose something ... but to have the car vandalized to get it just flat out sucks. i have a spare grille, might even just have the plastic part that you could transfer the metal to so it matches. i will take a look in the next day or so and send you pics of what i have.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Not fun. Healdsburg seems indeed like a quiet place, but lots of tourists roam through. Me for one, but I have a solid alibi.
Who has access to your garage :)?

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Unbelievable!

It was not an easy task. I think robber/collector might have some injuries after if he wasn't prepared (tools).

Let's hope he will be trying to sell it somewhere (eBay?)

Ives

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Embarrassing revelation! Turns out my Coupe wasn’t mugged. Sorry for posting this without enough due diligence. As I started to remove the passenger grill I saw a shine from the teeth of the E9-Driven badge. I recalled hearing a bang from the front end of my Coupe about a month ago and thought it came from under the car. Now I think I took a hit on the grill. Apparently something hit the badge, broke the grill and dislodged the badge to the nose below the bumper. Pictures attached.
Sorry for posting this and as a penance I’ve made another contribution to the Forum.
A contrite, Jon

Attachments

• IMG_7500.jpeg
    IMG_7500.jpeg
    227.4 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_7501.jpeg
    IMG_7501.jpeg
    371.8 KB · Views: 79

jmackro

Reaction score
Turns out my Coupe wasn’t mugged.

Well that restores my faith in the human race!
I recalled hearing a bang from the front end of my Coupe about a month ago and thought it came from under the car. Now I think I took a hit on the grill. Apparently something hit the badge, broke the grill and dislodged the badge to the nose below the bumper.

So you're saying that the badge (and part of the grille) took a hit, but came out forward, fell down below the bumper and rode home without bouncing out? Wow, in some ways you were lucky. But what do you think impacted the badge/grille? A rock that bounced off a truck? Any signs of impact damage to the badge?

vince

Site Donor
Reaction score
Glad to hear your car wasn't vandalized and the badge stayed with the car.

I guess it's ok if I list my Inka E9 Driven badge on Ebay without having to worry about the whole e9coupe police force coming down on me. :)

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Glad to hear your car wasn't vandalized and the badge stayed with the car.

I guess it's ok if I list my Inka E9 Driven badge on Ebay without having to worry about the whole e9coupe police force coming down on me. :)
or you can sell it to me ... inka would look good on ceylon. i think mine is chamonix

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
Please let me know if anyone has a Chamonix that would like to trade for an Inka badge. I bought the Inka one from Duane Sword on EBay a few years ago.