Corsachilli - Skeletons?

Eric L.

Reaction score
Phil: That is one impressive list!

Numbers J: I love that Gremlin! My aunt had a lavender one with the Levi's interior. In Florida, you would come back from the beach and burn your leg on the sun-heated rivets n the denim seats. Quite a car.

Vraned: A V-8 Datsun 510? Surely you're joking! You must post pics.

As for me, I haven't had too much interesting iron. The highlights include:

Cars:
1978 MBZ 450SL - Too cheap to pass up, but I should have. Learned to hate that car.
1985 Saab 900 3-Door Turbo
1983 Jeep CJ-7 - Had it in college. Great fun.
1976 Bronco - Orange, lifted with soft top and doors, five point harnesses, etc.
1985 Jaguar XJ6 - Nice car, but its double row timing chain broke. Not a good thing.

Bikes:
1985 Honda NS400R - V-3 two-stroke grand prix rep.
Yamaha RD 400s (3) - I have a thing for two-strokes.
1986 Yamaha SRX-6 - Nice, light street single sportbike.
1978 Yamaha SR500 cafe racer - Yep, all four-stroke singles and two-strokes. It's a little weird.
1986 Suzuki GSXR1100 - Old school compared to today's bikes, but no slouch.

I should have kept some of those, but money seems to loom when you're younger.

Currently:

1999 Miata - daily driver and great car
1972 3.0 CS - No need to preach to the choir
1984 3.2 Carrera - A great car by any measure, but I hardly ever drive it so I'm thinking of selling.

Cheers,

Eric L.

tmason

Reaction score
Bored and doing a search when this one came up.Pretty funny descriptions of cars.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
First car was given to me in 1975 by my Brother. It had a 283 Small Block V-8 and would do about 50 MPH on level ground. Mum made me junk it as it was unsafe at any speed.

1967 Chevrolet Biscayne
1971 Datsun 240-Z (my 1st love affair with a car...too bad it rusted)
1965 Chevrolet Corvair Corsa (from a barn)
1974 Plymouth Valiant slant six From a junk yard...treated like trash, the way a car should be)
1968 Chevrolet Corvair Monza (from a field)
1960 Chevrolet Corvair Monza
1959 Simca Aronde (still own the spare, car destroyed in garage fire, probably the best Aronde in the World!!)
1966 Chevrolet Corvair 500 (still own, now has the Corsa's engine with the original bits scattered under the porch)
1971 BMW Bavaria ($200!!!)
1978 Pontiac Grand Prix ($250)
1972 BMW Bavaria
1966 Ford Mustang 289 (only drove it once)
1992 VW Golf
1978 Datsun 280-Z
1978 Chevrolet Nova (Used for a gentleman's demo derby with some friends)
1979 Dodge Monaco (Used to up the ante in the gentleman's demo derby)
1993 VW Corrado VR6 (Stolen)
1995 VW Corrado VR6 (Stolen)
1998 BMW E36 M3 Sedan (Still own)
1995 VW Corrado VR6 (Written Off)
2003 BMW E46IT (Daily driver)
1999 Mazda Miata 10 AE (Still own, a real Gem)
1972 BMW 2002 (Malaga)
1971 BMW 3.0 CS (converted from a 2800 CS)

Bikes
1974 Can Am MX125
1978 Yamaha RD-400
1975 Suzuki GT-380 (owned it in Belgium, toured the Alps and Yugoslavia... let me grow facial hair....)
1980 Honda 550-f
1982 Yamaha XJ 650 Seca

Last edited:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Nicad, on the "Stolen" VWs, unclear which side of the transaction was yours.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nicad, on the "Stolen" VWs, unclear which side of the transaction was yours.

Was the victim on the thefts. One was stolen in a Montreal underground parking lot (By the attendant ). I figured this out by looking at the security video when I saw a reflection of my tail lamps go up the entrance ramp in the early morning and the attendant returning to his booth 10 minutes later. Police did nothing claiming he did not return their calls.

The second one was stolen in front of my house. (Only 87 1995 Corrados were imported to Canada, the US got none). Found out who stole it through internet sleuthing. Believed I saw pieces of it's interior hanging on perps garage wall. Police did nothing and said they would not get a search warrant.
Those Corrados were about the best driving cars I have owned really.

Nicad

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yeah, and why did you only drive the mustang once???

Bought the Mustang with a seized motor for $1000. I was storing it in a decrepit open garage on the other side of town. Poured some diesel in each spark plug hole and let it sit for a week. Got the engine fired up and decided to do one illegal uninsured test drive. It was an OK blank with not too much rust (for Canada) and I had plans. Glad I abandoned them.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Was the victim on the thefts. One was stolen in a Montreal underground parking lot (By the attendant ). I figured this out by looking at the security video when I saw a reflection of my tail lamps go up the entrance ramp in the early morning and the attendant returning to his booth 10 minutes later. Police did nothing claiming he did not return their calls.

The second one was stolen in front of my house. (Only 87 1995 Corrados were imported to Canada, the US got none). Found out who stole it through internet sleuthing. Believed I saw pieces of it's interior hanging on perps garage wall. Police did nothing and said they would not get a search warrant.
Those Corrados were about the best driving cars I have owned really.

Looks like the Royal Mounted Police is run by Chief Inspector Clouseau...

corsachili

Reaction score
Funny, I was just thinking about y'all as its getting close to a year since I left the E9 world withy the sale of my CSL. I was going to drop in and say "hi" and then saw this thread which I sorta hijacked a few years ago.

Sadly my CSL is now on the skeletons list, as will her little sister M635CSI. We still have Chela's 135i so there is still a BMW in the paddock.

Hope all your E9s are running well and keeping you happy.

-tj in Los Gatos

Skeletons....
Triumph Tiger Cub - Watching all the screws back out with the vibrations was fun, assuming it was going.
Mini - hasn't everybody had one?
2CV - I was a poor student at the time 425cc of glorious power
MGB - sold after 22 years of ownership in luvely russet brown :roll:
Fiat 131 - cracking engine, great handling, fell to bits
Fiat Strada (Ritmo), Italian Golf GTI, fell to bits
Jaguar XJ6 - drank fuel like Oliver Reid, abit "where's my pipe and slippers" but could be hussled much to the surprise of others on the road.
Vauxhall Cavilier - Horrible company car, boring
Ford Sierra - yet another horrible company car worthy of the ditti "Bits of Tin, Bits of board, nailed together make a ford"
BL Montego - cheap, nasty, Terrible build quality, wrote it off in a road rally - yes!
BL Meastro - cheap, handled well, terrible build quality, filled up with water when it rained!
Saab 900 - the classic shape - quircky, have an "old man" image, but with tweeks become a real wolf in sheeps clothing.
Lada Riva Estate - Humm Eastern Fiat 124, bit of a tractor, fell to bits, on the plus side it was cheap :)
Zaztava Yugo - Croatian Fiat 128 bought as a joke, got turned into a rally car and was pretty good.
Alfa Romeo 33, except for the Gorilla driving position rather good

and BMWs........

BMW 320 - rusty bag of bolts, wipers had a mind of their own. Steering geometry always seemed to be "out"
BMW 323i - constantly broke down, ate valves, dodgy electrics, fuel injection a pain to get sorted
BMW 2002 - dodgy brakes seemed to warp brake disks once a week, overheating.... (Yes I know I got another one!)

Oh and just to add

Still have....

MGA - The most fun you can have at 30mph
Saab 900 - Another one, winter hack, see above
BMW2002Tii - goes like the clappers. Injection really could do with an overhaul, eats oil (why?) bit thirsty when loud pedal is used
VW T4 Transporter van - 4 wheel drive syncro, made into a camper, rust getting a hold must tidy up, slow
BMW M535 - the brick, falling to bits, electrics suspect, rear axle bushes gone, but doesn't half go!
Land Rover 110 V8 - drinks worse than Oliver Reid but great tow barge
Mercedes Benz 230Sl Pagoda - total wreck , needs restoration.
3.0Csi - the bucket
3.0Csi - Organ donor

Malc

Dave L

Reaction score
Skeletons

Wow, cars I've owned:
64 Chevy Impala
68 Chevy Impala
70 BMW 2800cs (still have)
74 1/2 Datsun 260z
80 BMW 320i Alpina
84 BMW 318i
85 BMW 635csi (german version) (still have)
88 BMW 528e
94 BMW 535i
97 BMW 328i
97 Land Rover (still have)
2003 Mini Cooper S (still have)

Putting a list together surprises me.

Dave L

threewebers

Reaction score
Skeletons

Past;
Honda XR75