Cool e9 factory pic

CSL 1973

Reaction score
Good old days!

The Inka car at the front on the color photo is a CSL. The car with the big plate is, as said in the thread, an Italian delivery. I'm not sure but this photo could be from the Karmann assembly line.

I think there is also another CSL at the back (Colorado?). Have seen a similar photo, but from another angle, of the same cars.

Cheers

Henric

Last edited:

eriknetherlands

Site Donor
Reaction score
Looks like Hans and Fritz are trying to get the hood to fit!

1620741_757847220909218_757718916_n.jpg
Does anyone actually have a fresh image that @Stevehose mentioned in the original thread ?
(I know it's 10 years ago, worth try I thought)

I'm curious to see it, as I am rebuilding my front end, and it seems to suffer from too high front shock towers...

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
It is a pity so less pictures has survived.

I was trying to look on Deutsche Archives but not much results and only B&W (shared already on other thread in the past).

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
Nice pictures.

They have been presented on the forum. It is a pity there is no film material as it is for Neue Klasse or E30. Or maybe there is but we have no idea about

BTW... second picture is mirrored

1714029801986.png

Looks like white were as popular (based on pictures) as Polaris.

Various version (put by purpose of the picture)? ... One RHD (CSL), one US market (no foglight) and one LHD at front :)

Last edited:

John-T

Site Donor $
Reaction score
What a nice picture!

Wondering why some of the cars in the picture have the driver side mirror placed at the A pillar and some a little further?
Does that have something to do with the country regulations they would be shipped to?

Last edited:

autokunst

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
What a nice picture!

Wondering why some of the cars in the picture have the driver side mirror placed at the A pillar and some a little further?
Does that have something to do with the country regulations they would be shipped to?
I believe yes. The US DOT regulated certain aspects such as that (as did other countries - France with headlamp and tail light colors, Italy with tail light and side marker configurations, EU with rear fog lamps, etc). I am sure I don't know the half of it. I am also surprised to see some swan neck mirrors on these cars. I thought they all all came with trapezoid mirrors at first.

Last edited:

Oldbmwcoupes

Reaction score
If I’m correct, I count 9 Chaminix coupes in that one image. Doubt we will ever see an image with that many in the same color again.

Krzysztof

Site Donor
Reaction score
If I’m correct, I count 9 Chaminix coupes in that one image. Doubt we will ever see an image with that many in the same color again.

In my humble opinion some which appear white at the first sight might be Polaris...
#4, #5 - first column
#4, #6 - second column
#4 - third column

which corresponds to color popularity mentioned on the "colors" thread.