Contemplating selling my 1970 2800CS

hoju

Reaction score
Hi all,

I bought my CS almost exactly two years ago as a car to restore and enjoy. But life's kept me busy, and she's basically been sitting in my garage that entire period. I'm only about to get busier with work, so I don't know when I'd be able to start the restoration process.

I've taken small steps with the generous help of members on this forum, but I think the time is here to part ways... unless you can talk me into keeping it!

The car is silver (Polaris?) and blue cloth interior. My understanding is that it's a European model (metric gauges, German language, rear parking light, etc.), and very original, with a few exceptions, like the steering wheel and that late-'90s mainstay, the rear-window cell phone antenna.

Mechanically, the car is very solid. Engine compression is excellent (170-175), and the 4-speed transmission shifts and drives great.

I've had the brakes completely redone, as well as some other things like new radiator, fan, battery, etc.

Mechanical issues I know about:

- There is some hesitation from takeoff, though the car drives very well on the freeway. I've been told the carbs need to be rebuilt / serviced, and that seems likely (or something else like fuel filters, a sticky choke, etc.). These are the original Zenith carbs.

- The clutch bearing needs replacing. It functions, but makes an annoying sound.

- The gauges need repair.

- There's a slow electrical leak. I keep the car on a trickle charger.

Cosmetically, the car needs work. It's had a cheap re-spray at some point, and the interior needs being redone.

There is some rust, including driver's side floorpan, and some visible in the engine bay.

I've purchased new tires, but haven't had time to have them mounted (I will before the car gets sold, however).

Some photos are attached, and I can send more. NOTE: Hood is popped open in the exterior photos, which is why it's sticking up.

PM me and we can talk via email / phone if interested.

$12,000 seems like a fair price, yes? Located in Los Angeles.

Attachments

• 2800CS.jpg
    2800CS.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 160
  • 2800CS_3.jpg
    2800CS_3.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 158
  • 2800CS_2.jpg
    2800CS_2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 141
  • 2014-05-26 14.32.59.jpg
    2014-05-26 14.32.59.jpg