Celebrity CSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Going through my old pictures , I found these photos of Roddy McDowal’s CSL that at that time his mechanic was asking me of some DJet setup.
Also interesting to see fender lips that look aftermarket, but somehow has a good contour to it.
I don’t have the VIN.

Attachments

• IMG_4227.jpeg
    IMG_4227.jpeg
    297.1 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_4229.jpeg
    IMG_4229.jpeg
    239.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_4230.jpeg
    IMG_4230.jpeg
    279.7 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_4228.jpeg
    IMG_4228.jpeg
    305.4 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_4231.jpeg
    IMG_4231.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_4232.jpeg
    IMG_4232.jpeg
    282.4 KB · Views: 113

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Same car. We don’t see a lot of Baikal CSL’s so kinda makes sense. Despite all of the badge engineering, this is a CSL. Also, the bootlid is aluminum despite what looks like a CS badge on @merdad’s photos.

Note the blue plug wife, and black stuff in the cowl near the VIN (this is an an engine bay “fingerprint”)

@merdad photo:
9C206F68-0117-4699-95B0-0196489FC7CE.jpeg

BaT:
A3F48122-1FEE-4AC1-8590-6F93C65409D3.jpeg

Note the scratch on the tank to the left of the pickup.

@merdad
F20019E5-50C2-4C9D-A12E-14EE257AC4E5.jpeg

BaT:
ADCE0F42-19AA-4CE0-A119-E27D19833310.jpeg

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Other thing to note is that Phillip has this associated to actor Malcom McDowell. If you have additional details you may want to shoot him a note.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Other thing to note is that Phillip has this associated to actor Malcom McDowell. If you have additional details you may want to shoot him a note.

I remember McDowell, but its been so long and had the first name wrong.
Thanks Markos

Last edited:

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Love all these pics you are digging up!

I got so many of them. I am digging them up since I am bored and having nothing else to do (fortunately I have them on a flash). I have been in Paris for the last three months and have no car to occupy myself with.
Of course Paris is a great city, but after a while its become just that. Seen all there is to see.
Want to go back home, but uncertain of what I get into with unfortunate recent events.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I got so many of them. I am digging them up since I am bored and having nothing else to do (fortunately I have them on a flash). I have been in Paris for the last three months and have no car to occupy myself with.
Of course Paris is a great city, but after a while its become just that. Seen all there is to see.
Want to go back home, but uncertain of what I get into with unfortunate recent events.
Enjoy Paris Merdad. Puzzling cars and more puzzling why your last message was edited by a moderator...
Anybody care to explain why the content would be edited? For spelling perhaps?

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Enjoy Paris Merdad. Puzzling cars and more puzzling why your last message was edited by a moderator...

Thanks,
What the message shows is what I wrote. I may have edited it myself as I often do afterward for misspelled words or more appropriate wording.

Arde

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Good to hear. There is a huge difference between edited by author vs. somebody else. I guess you were using a moderator role not just a user...Enjoy!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score

I checked and confirmed that one of the moderators fixed a spelling issue. Technically the (correctly spelled) word was a homophone if you are interested.

FWIW, I modify user posts almost daily. It’s almost always embedding attached images or an improperly structured quote (usually where your reply is part of the quoted text instead out outside of it).

My most recent edit was to a post by @dang so the overreach has no bounds! Moderators have an option to write a little message to the author explaining the mod. I don’t always use it, particularly when embedding images.

The only time the thematic content gets altered is when an otherwise great post flies off the rails for one sentence, and mods don’t want to delete the whole post. In those cases the author is always notified.

merdad

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
I think that I am starting to forget a bit of my English, being away for so long. I should start reading some books and watch more movies.

Status
Not open for further replies.