Brake caliper piston diameter

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi all, long time away from the group, haven’t been doing much down here in NZ with my coupe apart from a few drives to cars and coffee now and then.
It’s winter down here, and the coupe is tucked up in the garage and so it’s time to sort my brakes out once and for all, I will post my project for those RHD people that are interested in making their brakes work / feel a better than the standard set up which is not ideal, even by 1970’s standards.

The jist of what I’m doing is removing all the remote boosters and master cylinders on the LH side of the car and replacing with a single modern booster and master cylinder operated via a pivoting /rotating link rod across the top of the fire wall activated from the standard brake pedal.
I will also be upgrading the front calipers to modern units (probably Brembos) along with larger disks, I run 17 inch wheels and I think I can probably get 350mm ish diameter disks in there, so when all said and done I should have something that works and stops like a modern car.

I’m just in the middle of working out the master cylinder sizing I will be needing for the new set up, and so I don’t have to pull all the rear brakes apart to measure I was hoping someone could help with my question today which is what size are the pistons in the rear calipiers?

Many thanks in advance

Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Here’s a picture of the wooden mock up support brackets for the bearings and rotating cross bar, I’ve been drawing and cutting these on my CNC router here at work, so when I’m happy with the final design I can just take the drawing files to get the bits cut out in steel.
Next mission is to go and find booster and master cylinder.

e2b0687da85b388e5faa587b24d7461e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk