Bosh promo E9

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This was the second E9 I stumbled over on the Essen Classic show. The first one was used for promoting an insurance company, this one (or better what was left of it) was used by the Bosh company to promote it's vintage battery line.

Enjoy.:|

Attachments

• E9 essen 001.jpg
    E9 essen 001.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 201
  • E9 essen 003.jpg
    E9 essen 003.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 195
  • E9 essen 004.jpg
    E9 essen 004.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 199

JFENG

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

This was the second E9 I stumbled over on the Essen Classic show. The first one was used for promoting an insurance company, this one (or better what was left of it) was used by the Bosh company to promote it's vintage battery line.

Enjoy.:|

VSR1 couple fix up that body....

Philippe db

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just bumping this thread to see if any of you invested in such a Bosh classic battery.

Just asking because after parking the car for 3 days with the ignition key on my battery is really death and won't even charge anymore. Wondering now if I should install such a Bosh classic battery.

Here is a link to their website. However if you look at the model download the E9 isn't mentioned in their overview. A bit strange since this was the model they used on last years Essen Classic car show to promote the battery.

http://www.bosch-classic.com/en/int...teile/batterie_1/batterie___mit_teaser_1.html

Stefan

Reaction score
That battery looks like 50s/60s vintage, not mid 70s.
+1
Can't remember those unprotected connections between cells on the cars I had in the late 70s. Though, for heavy duty vehicles was that pretty common.

Last edited:

deQuincey

Quousque tandem...?
Site Donor
Reaction score
if you are to buy a new battery simply buy a new bosch s4 008 blue battery
i recall is 680 A and 74Ah
i guess is better to invest in a powerfull bat do not worry too much about the looks
btw this batt is just a bit bigger in length than the tray, you will need to remove some excess of the plastic toe to accommodate it

https://www.tayna.co.uk/S4-008-Bosch-Car-Battery-Type-096-S4008-P9708.html

Last edited:

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Maybe the T02 310 listed for the 2002 (which is same size as e9) is correct but those other batteries are much earlier vintage.