BMW E9 3.0 CSL

bert35csi

Site Donor
Reaction score
Guess they thought that no one would know about the difference between the BMW fuel and water hoses. Don't know for a fact, but I believe some of the early coupes were fitted with the "fuel injection" hose clamps instead of the later worm style clamps.

Couple of other things I'd noticed, the trunk seal was installed upside down. Also it appears the Petri is the 2002 35cm rubber wheel in place of the 38cm leather wheel. Oddly enough, the hub appears to be the correct (longer) CSL hub.

Just nitpicking!

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
Couple of other things I'd noticed, the trunk seal was installed upside down. Also it appears the Petri is the 2002 35cm rubber wheel in place of the 38cm leather wheel. Oddly enough, the hub appears to be the correct (longer) CSL hub.

Just nitpicking!

Gorgeous. I like the small wheel. Wrong kidney grille.

aearch

Site Donor $
Reaction score
how do they get the subdued photos
as they are eased out as to say
not sharp images. i think it really can hide the minute details we all can see in reality
there is no way my pics looks like
they show ever single detail like dust even.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
how do they get the subdued photos
as they are eased out as to say
not sharp images. i think it really can hide the minute details we all can see in reality
there is no way my pics looks like
they show ever single detail like dust even.

That car is impeccably clean and it was shot by a pro. Once you are done with your car and detail it, you can get some stunning photos. There are many good car photographers that don't charge that much. Enthusiasts that want to make a name for themselves as auto photographers. All that fresh paint, new chrome, glass, and polished aluminum will photograph well.

Markos

Site Donor
Reaction score
so who else can find fault....
I am sure those airbox clips are the wrong way round....!!!

10 hole Alpinas? CSL experts chime in as to whether the '72 CSL had 10 hole wheels. This car is a MY1972. I do know that Alpina produced five hole wheels in Q3 '72 (a forum member had one for sale).

rsporsche

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
.............the chrome trim on the interior door panels is wrong.
actually it appears to be missing the lower metal trim (above the top of the map pocket). this is a very pretty CSL - wish i could afford one ... then i would still be too afraid to drive it.

RogerB

Reaction score
10 hole Alpinas? CSL experts chime in as to whether the '72 CSL had 10 hole wheels. This car is a MY1972. I do know that Alpina produced five hole wheels in Q3 '72 (a forum member had one for sale).
72 CSL = 5 hole wheels