Bimmer Magazine (CSL w/M6)

m73

Reaction score
Someone here asked for scans of Bimmer Magazine No. 47.

I have them, but for some reason its super slow to upload the 9 pages....

Anyone want me to email the article to them so they can post on this thread?

If so, please send me your email.

Thanks,

Mo

m73

Reaction score
1_bd0d4fb3-4a4d-4928-9efc-6831b46c9f14.png

2_1e0bc3ad-bc49-4ede-b46a-34a60d81344e.png

3_ce796397-fad1-4002-ac43-08926916f834.png

4_0996201c-08db-4c29-a32f-0283bd033991.png

6.png

7.png

8.png

9.png

GolfBavaria

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Thanks Mo, I think that was me. I had the pleasure of meeting the NO (New Owner), who is on the board occasionally. It is an amazing car in a lot of respects. I know some of the purists cringe when they realize this was done to an Ultra-Lightweight but its still hard not to like. Just pretend you don't know that! :twisted:

One thing I learned from this car that someone might find interesting is there are no sway bars on the car. I was told this is common in CSL's when stitch welding the frame and a lot of time was spent corner balancing it. Maybe someone can chime in on this. It still doesn't make any sense to me other than saving weight, but it seems like a lot of handling would be sacrificed.

MyFemurHurts

Reaction score
My dream is a full restoration on my Coupe, change the color to Taiga, put an S38 in it, and give it the full batmobile treatment. Now I just need the $120k to make my dream come true.

shanon

Reaction score
Thx for posting article, neat read & car. Had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Simmons recently, nice fellow. Wish i had read this article prior, would have asked about the factory 'rally support wagons'. Too cool.

Anyone know the fate of those support rigs?!

Re: sway bars and E9s.....Have read, tested and learned that laptimes go down with the rear bar disconnected....ie: no rear sway bar.
Not sure about ultimate front diameter size, but without rear, it allows tail to roll a bit, hug and grip corners better. Tail becomes less nervous, gets power down better, and less inclined to slide/rotate/oversteer.

just my 2cents, but makes a good, no cost experiment for finding some more pace if ya get bored. ;)

kasbatts

Site Donor
Reaction score
Interesting comment on the windscreens not fitting and being a bad batch.
Maybe I had one of these as the new one I got from BMW didn't fit by a country mile.
Ended up in the skip bin.