Better lug nuts?

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Hey guys, my biggest point deduction at the Sharkfest judging was somewhat rusty lug nuts on my Coupeking 16" Alpina style wheels from 2011 installation.

I'm ordering all new lug nuts (assuming my current ones are not worth cleaning up and rechroming). Is WallothNesch the best source for these?
Thanks!

DWMBMW

Site Donor
Reaction score

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
thanks, Don, but I just ordered from Coupeking and all looks ok. Much appreciated though!

Drew Gregg

Site Donor
Reaction score
They have a rounded top vs the correct extended hexagon shape.
Turkis has the Coupe King lug nuts. Nachblau has the EBay lug nuts that started to rust in about a year.. The second pic also shows why you should roll the front fender lips with 16" ET11 wheels with a lowered suspension.

Attachments

• BMW 3.0CS 16X7 inch BBS wheel.jpg
    BMW 3.0CS 16X7 inch BBS wheel.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_0407.jpg
    IMG_0407.jpg
    366.5 KB · Views: 61

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Haven’t removed the lug nuts but the rust is on the visible nut portion that the lug wrench attaches to.

E9Wayne

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
wow, I'm replacing all the old nuts with the new Coupe King Alpina chrome lug nuts. What a difference and I'm shocked at how I didn't take care of these rusty -- and even mismatched in a few cases -- nuts since my car's restoration in 2011. Next up is the falling-acorn-caused slight dimple in the sheet metal of the hood nose piece that I've also been ignoring for too many years...and which was a slight point reduction also in the Sharkfest point sheet...