Beautiful E9 in Socal at AutoKennel

Carmen

Reaction score
I looked at this car when Hayes was selling it. The concern was the low compression numbers. I believe SFDon thought there was an error in how they measured it, so that may need to be rechecked. Good bump in price for such a short time frame. I ended up buying another coupe but this one was very nice. Interior is not a color that came with Polaris but it looks nice. When I saw the car there were few paint flaws around the belt trim but very minor. Those may have been fixed.

Paul-HB

Reaction score
I looked at this car when Hayes was selling it. The concern was the low compression numbers. I believe SFDon thought there was an error in how they measured it, so that may need to be rechecked. Good bump in price for such a short time frame. I ended up buying another coupe but this one was very nice. Interior is not a color that came with Polaris but it looks nice. When I saw the car there were few paint flaws around the belt trim but very minor. Those may have been fixed.

We just had Jeff Tighe go through the car, inspect it and do some routine services. Shortly after Ed bought the car (about 2-years ago), he took it to Jeff and spent about $7k on misc. service items and personal touches. Unfortunately, he started his battle with cancer shortly after that. He ended up only driving the car a few hundred miles and then dealt with his illness full time.

Jeff did a compression test and the numbers were good. 140-155 across all cylinders. He also said those numbers would probably come up once it started getting driven again.

I drove the car a couple hundred miles last weekend on our SoCal Vintage drive and I must say, it is a wonderful driving E9...makes me regret selling mine.

I wish the family would keep the car, but it just wasn't as sentimental as some of Ed's Porsches he had much longer.

Bez

Site Donor
Reaction score
Tan leather

Hi Paul

Can u please let us know from where the tan leather in the car was purchased. I asked Hayes and he said he does not recall but the receipt for the upholstery work is with the coupe. It looks like very similar color to the original tan leather. Thank you

Paul-HB

Reaction score
Hi Paul

Can u please let us know from where the tan leather in the car was purchased. I asked Hayes and he said he does not recall but the receipt for the upholstery work is with the coupe. It looks like very similar color to the original tan leather. Thank you

I looked through the records and all I found was this swatch from XKSS and the brochure. There were 4 samples and the one labeled as "bamboo" was the closest to what is in the car (just a slight tad darker). I think the difference might be due to age since the leather was probably done over 10-years ago.

Good luck.

Attachments

• IMG_0842.jpg
    IMG_0842.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0843.jpg
    IMG_0843.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 98