Bavaria deck lid seal on coupes ?

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Is anyone using a Bavaria deck lid seal on their coupe ? I took the rubber deck lid gasket off the rotted out Bavaria parts car and installed it on my coupe. It was about 3’ to long so I cut it to fit. The advantages are it leaves pretty much the whole rain gutter open for drainage. Also it doesn’t have to be glued in so it’s a piece of cake to remove & replace it for any paint work. The lid sits the slightest smidge high now but I’m thinking I may be able to adjust the lid lower in a few months after the rubber takes a set. ~ John Buchtenkirch

!1abc101.JPG

!1abc102.jpg

HB Chris

Site Donor $$
Reaction score
Doesn't appear to me to be a very good fit, the OEM e9 seal does a good job. It will stay in place if new but for the longer term the glue is needed.

sfdon

Site Donor $
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
the e30 trunk seal does the same for the hood seal and only 5 bucks at the yard.

John Buchtenkirch

Reaction score
Doesn't appear to me to be a very good fit, the OEM e9 seal does a good job. It will stay in place if new but for the longer term the glue is needed.

Chris, actually it doesn’t fit at all like the fill the gutter E9 gasket does, it’s a completely different design that stands vertically on the gutters inside edge. The advantage being that it leaves the gutter almost completely open so any water that gets in there can drain out quickly.
DSC00054.JPG
As you can see from its profile in my hand it’s a push on the edge gasket that doesn’t require any glue. I think it might be a winner but my deck lid does sit the very slightest bit high, I’m playing with the idea of making a quickie tool to tweak the inside edges of the gutter down the slightest bit. ~ John Buchtenkirch

P.S. Don, does it appear to be the same as the E30 gasket you had mentioned ?