b34 conversion w pyramid intake

druckpress

Reaction score
Hello all -

I am putting a b34 into my Bavaria and will be running it EFI via the motronic box that came with the motor, harness, and intake. I would like to use the pyramid intake instead of making the older style log intake work.

Does anyone know if that intake will clear the brake booster? I know that it doesn't work in an e9 so people do the log intake or tii booster but wasn't sure about in an e3.

Thanks

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
pyramid intake?

You must mean the banana intake akin to the old CSi D-jet system (only instead, newer ones are L-jet)?

No problem clearing brake booster:

Attachments

• 41.jpg
    41.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 66

druckpress

Reaction score
Yeah the banana one is the solution that I know for certain clears. But compared to the later intake on b34's and b35's, the banana intake robs a good bit of power. But before I spend the dough to get a tii brake booster I want to get clear if I even need one.

halboyles

Site Donor
Reaction score
No problem clearing brake booster:
I could be wrong but the booster in the photo looks like the smaller diameter tii brake booster. So, sure, it should clear with that booster.

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
If early and late engines were rated at exactly the same hp- but with different intakes……….. just sayin. Are you thinking of the b35 intake? It was a different shape than b34 intake- presumably an improvement.
I’ve always considered the second version was bean counter based and third version was engineered better bean counter.

druckpress

Reaction score
Indeed, I'm referencing the b35 intake. I've always been told that the b35 intake is superior hp compared to the banana intake.

teahead

aka "Rob"
Site Donor $
Reaction score
How much horsepower are we talking? I'd sacrifice a few hp for a proper looking banana intake. That's my personal perspective (from a guy running triple DCOEs).

B35 intake, aside from the whole PB booster issue, is ugly.

If you're worried about performance, then get the 320i intake tubes.

This motor a non-stock motor w/ported heads and non-stock cam?

sfdon

Site Donor
Site Donor $$
Reaction score
We make a dozen engines each year, never have and never will use the b34 or b35 manifolds.

At 240-250 foot pounds of torque, I don't need any more. Our next engines are 275 foot pounds so the intake is not an issue.

Sven

Site Donor $
Reaction score
Also, consider that the Tii brake booster requires a firmer push on the brake pedal.