Asking for eu e9 lowering springs

nick

Reaction score
as the title says I am looking for a set of lowering springs at a good price so as to avoid paying 400 $ for them...

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Cornishman,
You don't happen to have any picture of how your car sits? I'm also searching for lowering springs.

Cheers,

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
GAZ Suspensions do a coilover setup for our cars so maybe they do just the springs too and they are in UK.

Yes I've been in contact with them before and they offer a coilover setup for £850+VAT, but I have not asked them about lowering springs for the original struts, good idea! I'll send them an e-mail.

Cheers,

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
The answer from GAZ shocks is that they don't offer lowering springs for the original struts, but they still wanted to help out and recommended me to reach out to a guy named Tony who owns a company called South Yorkshire Springs, his telephone number is 01709 375 375 and supplies the majority of the springs for their coilover dampers.

I'll just wait and see if Cornishman have a picture of his car first, the Jaymic springs are relatively cheap, but if they don't give our cars the stance I'm aiming for, I'll try and reach out to Tony and see what he can offer for our cars.

Cheers,

nick

Reaction score
The answer from GAZ shocks is that they don't offer lowering springs for the original struts, but they still wanted to help out and recommended me to reach out to a guy named Tony who owns a company called South Yorkshire Springs, his telephone number is 01709 375 375 and supplies the majority of the springs for their coilover dampers.

I'll just wait and see if Cornishman have a picture of his car first, the Jaymic springs are relatively cheap, but if they don't give our cars the stance I'm aiming for, I'll try and reach out to Tony and see what he can offer for our cars.

Cheers,

I am in Greece and I am interested in your search , so post and pm me when you get word from tony. At the moment I have on a set I bought from an Italian fraudster Gianni csl that were the original springs welded together with bilstein and the car sits too low and at a horrible stance and it is really dangerous.

I can't pay 400$+shipping for springs or 900 euros for coilovers anyway.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Jaymic's are not lowering, they are actually higher than standard for some reason...

Are you sure about that? Have you tried them?
I'm still waiting for Cornishman to log on to the forum and see if he can upload a picture before I continue forward with contacting Tony, but I'll let you know if and when that happens.

Cheers,

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Any updates? I am looking at a set of springs

Not much, I sent an email directly to Jaymic asking if their springs actually lower the car -30mm or not, their answer was that they can't guarantee a -30mm drop as it depends on the car.
The springs will not drop a lightweight LHD CSL -30mm, but a heavier RHD CSL will be closer to -30mm, however he did not mention the CS or CSI, but as they are heavier than both LHD/RHD CSLs they should drop -30mm.

He supplied two pictures of a RHD CSL with newly fitted -30mm springs and Bilsteins, notice that the front tire has a lower profile than the rear tire, making the arch to wheel gap look a little bit bigger.

In my opinion, it sits a little bit too high, at least in the front.

But it got more interesting, because at the end of his email he mentioned that, quote: "We can get our springs made to any spec (delivery time is about 5 weeks normally for bespoke sets)."
So I asked him what he thinks of making a set of -50mm front and -40mm rear for a CSi, and also if they can make the springs progressive.

He has not responded yet so will have to wait.

But if you live in Omaha, USA, you probably would want to get your lowering springs from La Jolla/Carl Nelson. The only reason we in Europe don't want to buy from him is the shipping cost of about $350.. +import tax.

Cheers,

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
Hope that this helps
Jaymic springs and Bilsteins. Front alloy spacer removed from struts, i.e. The ring that is approx 25mm thick.
Tyres are standard 14 inch.
Best wishes
C

Attachments

• IMG_0483.JPG
    IMG_0483.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 193

Cornishman

Site Donor
Reaction score
One more of the suspension.
This is a CSI so a touch heavier than an L.
C

Attachments

• IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 185

nathanegger

Reaction score
That was very helpful. Thank you. I like your idea of doing lower in front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rek

Reaction score

Cheers,

Yes but Gaz Shocks will adapt the struts if you are not so concerned about originality.

Gransin

Site Donor
Reaction score
Yes but Gaz Shocks will adapt the struts if you are not so concerned about originality.

Yes, I told you that yesterday:p
http://www.e9coupe.com/forum/threads/camber-plates.24139/
My personal reason for not going coilover right now is strictly a budget/priority question.

And an update to the thread:
Looks like I will order a custom spring set from Jaymic, after looking on Cornishmans pictures I decided to try out custom -50mm front springs combined with the regular -30mm rear springs that comes if you buy the set they offer on their site.
The price is not fully confirmed yet, but it looks like a custom set goes for £235+VAT.

Cheers,

Joe Barthlow

Reaction score
as the title says I am looking for a set of lowering springs at a good price so as to avoid paying 400 $ for them...

I have new lowering springs in my E3, not sure if they are the same for e9, but I plan to replace them with stock to restore the original height. They'll be available

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk